Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrecked my 2015 Chevy Cruze ltz when I had a seizure last year. It was a frontal impact into a commercial metal fence post. Bent hood broke all bumper..radiator and oil cooler coil..broke all 3 motor mount and bent the front subframe. I have a new subframe. Is there any YouTube video or breakdown instructions on how to do this myself. I am not a newbie at vehicle repair. I am sure I need to remove both wheel assembly and cv joints. Not sure how to do the back or how to support the engine while I replace. Thanks for any suggestions
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,040 Posts
I'm going to take a guess and say the subframe is not going to be your only concern. I'd be heavily concerned about the load beams, but also the engine itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to take a guess and say the subframe is not going to be your only concern. I'd be heavily concerned about the load beams, but also the engine itself.
Load beams? Where are they? No idea if the engine is damaged. Everything that is missing from the pic was still in the car. The coils were pushed in but no leaks in either coil. The negative battery cable was intentionally cut. Guess that was to cut the vehicle off. I don't know. I am seizure free now and my awesome car is sitting in my driveway. We only have 1 vehicle and with kids in school i don't get to drive at all. The interior is perfect except for the airbags. How can I tell if the engine is damaged? Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
The load beams are what I've shown in orange below:

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle door

They're a significant part of the crash structure. They can be removed, but if they've been damaged, it's quite possible other issues exist.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I googled load beams and all I found was the rear subframe.
The load beams are what I've shown in orange below:

View attachment 294577

They're a significant part of the crash structure. They can be removed, but if they've been damaged, it's quite possible other issues exist.
What specific wording is used for this part because I can't find it per the words load beam . Even tried crash beam

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts