Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
850 Posts
Good luck on the sway bar.. I have one just havent gotten to install it yet ...

Reactions: DaCruzeMissile!!!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,940 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,905 Posts
If the front bar in my Cobalt was any indicator...have fun.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Make that 3. Went to install but got a defective bar so new one is needing install

Reactions: Mr_Pat

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Great...what do you mean...defective? I need to do rear brakes on my Volt (...at 31k miles...on a vehicle I don't use the brakes hardly at all on...:mad:), so I was planning to do the rear swaybar then.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
You too??? I had a defective rear sway bar myself I ended up bending a bit it to fit. I'm hoping I won't have to do the same with the front this one is pretty beefy.
Yup I called the engineer on their phone. He says they had a bad run of them when the machine wasn’t set up right. If you call them they will ship a new one free of charge.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Great...what do you mean...defective? I need to do rear brakes on my Volt (...at 31k miles...on a vehicle I don't use the brakes hardly at all on...:mad:), so I was planning to do the rear swaybar then.
The hole on the bar don’t line up with the boss fittings in spring perch. Just call them and they will ship you a new one.

·
Super Moderator
3,940 Posts
Yup I called the engineer on their phone. He says they had a bad run of them when the machine wasn’t set up right. If you call them they will ship a new one free of charge.
When did you buy yours?

Did it just not fit?

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
The hole on the bar don’t line up with the boss fittings in spring perch. Just call them and they will ship you a new one.
Okay, that is good to know. I got mine last November, but it's been out the box exactly once, and that was just to take pictures.

At least at that point, once the bosses are installed, you don't have to do any of the "hard" work of removing the springs again, you just bolt in the bar.

I'm also tempted to grind a couple of flats in that'll snugly fit an open end wrench in order to make sure the bolts stay tight, as I've seen that to be an issue, ending up with the bosses spinning in the seat of the spring perch since they're round and not easy to hold.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Mine doesn't line up perfect there is definitely some tension all I did was leave the boss loose until I had the bolt well started then pulled the boss into the pocket. I do the same when I pulled bolts out recently.. loosen bolts put the jack under the bolt head and lightly lift a little and a light tap on the control arm and it pops the bushing right out.

Reactions: MP81

·
Super Moderator
3,940 Posts
Mine doesn't line up perfect there is definitely some tension all I did was leave the boss loose until I had the bolt well started then pulled the boss into the pocket. I do the same when I pulled bolts out recently.. loosen bolts put the jack under the bolt head and lightly lift a little and a light tap on the control arm and it pops the bushing right out.
You put your front bar in Pat?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Lol no my post was reference to the rear bar he an MP81 are talking about

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
And mine also has the extra variable of being a Gen 2 Volt (same platform as the Gen 2 Cruze), which Whiteline does say the swaybar fits. So I imagine it shouldn't be any different, but we shall see...

Worst case scenario is it goes on the Cruze instead, though I'm not entirely sure my wife needs a rear bar on the car. The UR rear chassis bar helped "stiffen" the back of the car up just a touch - it was noticeable - but not a crazy amount like a rear swaybar will be, though I expect it to be much less drastic than the 1.25" rear bar on my Cobalt which really requires some front grip to not throw you into a full slide. The Energy Saver A/S's are not that tire, haha.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Okay, that is good to know. I got mine last November, but it's been out the box exactly once, and that was just to take pictures.

At least at that point, once the bosses are installed, you don't have to do any of the "hard" work of removing the springs again, you just bolt in the bar.

I'm also tempted to grind a couple of flats in that'll snugly fit an open end wrench in order to make sure the bolts stay tight, as I've seen that to be an issue, ending up with the bosses spinning in the seat of the spring perch since they're round and not easy to hold.
I got mine in April 2020 and they said it’s fine and sent a new one. They just ask for some pics and a receipt if you got it.

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
I got mine in April 2020 and they said it’s fine and sent a new one. They just ask for some pics and a receipt if you got it.
Sweet, so I should be good...provided I can find a way to raise up the rear of my Volt and then put stands under it...because they go where you lift it. Going to try just lifting the whole side of the car up from the front, but we shall see.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Sweet, so I should be good...provided I can find a way to raise up the rear of my Volt and then put stands under it...because they go where you lift it. Going to try just lifting the whole side of the car up from the front, but we shall see.
I think the car is stiff and short enough it should be fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts