1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR SALE
2015 Chevrolet Cruze 2.0L Turbo Diesel in Black Granite Metallic
42,XXX miles

I bought a Bolt! So although the Cruze has been very good to me, it's time to sell it! I used it to commute about 140 miles (90% highway) daily to work. It's never had any CELs, no tunes, and never had any issues with it.

6 speed automatic, beige leather, navigation, power sunroof, driver and passenger heated seats, power driver seat, Pioneer premium sound system, enhanced safety package (rear parking assist, rear cross traffic alert, side blind zone alert, backup camera), remote start via smartphone app or key fob, MyLink (hands-free smartphone integration) entertainment center, Weathertech floor mats (front and back seats), custom fitted sun shade, Class I hitch for hauling bikes

Rated for 27 city, 46 highway.

$15000 OBO, I'm in Delaware and you would need to pick it up locally.

IMG_2408.jpg IMG_2407.jpg IMG_2404.jpg image1.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Good luck on the sale......Since just about every member has a Cruze already, don't expect too much action, heh heh.

Now, about the Bolt......pics and a driver report please.....( I'm toying with putting my wife in one.....need ammunition)

Thanks,
Rob

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Looks exactly like my ctd with 27k miles, but no sunroof or nav. Glad to hear you had no problems. Congrats on the Bolt!

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Good luck on the sale......Since just about every member has a Cruze already, don't expect too much action, heh heh.

Now, about the Bolt......pics and a driver report please.....( I'm toying with putting my wife in one.....need ammunition)

Thanks,
Rob
Yes but there are 13434 potential owners online right now, I mean that is an insane amount of traffic, this is truly the international home of the CRUZE. That Bolt is stunning and the HP & Torque are a wow factor. Are you able to charge it at home using the 240 volt system. Even then I read it takes 9 hours which is like running your A/C for 9 hours, worrisome. If you choose to charge at 120 Volts it takes 50 Hours. Also on a trip those Quick charge stations probably cost as much or more than Gas, and who knows how long the waits will be as these cars become popular. Good thing though, you should qualify for the $7500 Tax rebate, especially from paying $10K in local Des Plaines property taxes, incredible.
bolt.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Yes but there are 13434 potential owners online right now, I mean that is an insane amount of traffic, this is truly the international home of the CRUZE. That Bolt is stunning and the HP & Torque are a wow factor. Are you able to charge it at home using the 240 volt system. Even then I read it takes 9 hours which is like running your A/C for 9 hours, worrisome. If you choose to charge at 120 Volts it takes 50 Hours. Also on a trip those Quick charge stations probably cost as much or more than Gas, and who knows how long the waits will be as these cars become popular. Good thing though, you should qualify for the $7500 Tax rebate, especially from paying $10K in local Des Plaines property taxes, incredible.
View attachment 227546
Thing is, eddie, she only drives to and from Palatine (HS Lunch Lady) round trip about 18 miles. All she'd have to do is plug it in every night and it would only charge for about an hour or less.
About twice a week she stops off at the grandkids....adds about two miles to the trip.

The only service I'd need to do is maybe a annual tire rotation. No oil to change, no filters, no belts, no coolant service. IMO the perfect urban assault vehicle for short haul grandma use.......looks roomy too.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys!

The Bolt is great. I believe I was the first one in Delaware (technically I had to buy in Maryland and bring it over...). I got it March 9 and I'll hit 4000 miles on it driving to work tomorrow. Robby, you might as well start writing the check for the Bolt right now. Going from gas to diesel, I was hooked by the torque difference and the great mileage. Now, going from diesel to electric, I can pretty much kiss goodbye to ever driving a gas car again. I had always said after they announced the Bolt that it checked off all my boxes (I wanted long range -- at least 200 miles) and a small crossover or hatchback style. It's deceiving how large it is inside. I'm six foot and have plenty of headroom (like 6 inches!), and there is a ton of legroom in the backseat even with my seat comfortably slid back. The trunk area isn't the largest but I don't use it too much and if I'm camping or hauling anything serious I'll just put the seats down. It's nice not to have to fit stuff in through the trunk opening of the Cruze. The infotainment screen is huge, Carplay is nice. The acceleration it has is just plain addicting. It isn't a sports car but you can sure lay into it and have some fun (a little torque steer though!). I've seen anything from 175 (in single digit weather in upstate NY) to 260 miles range. Cold weather definitely drains your range (as does using the heat...I've learned to precondition it while still hooked up and then use the steering wheel and heated seats mainly). But the battery is large enough that driving 140 miles a day I still arrive home with around 100 miles on the gauge. There's no range anxiety, even with my extreme commute. I will also tell you that driving in "L", the regen brake mode, is addicting and I'm loving the one pedal "golf cart" driving. I can easily see the brake pads and rotors lasting a very long time (another notch in the less maintenance club).

I chose to run a 40 amp 240 volt line inside my garage to a NEMA 14-50 outlet. Basically what you'd hook an electric dryer up to. I got a Chargepoint Home 32 amp station, which puts out around 7.7 kw/hour or around 25 miles added per hour (empty to full charge in about 8.5 hours...but more like 4-5 hours to a full charge from where I usually bring it home at). The charger itself was $749, but Delaware Clean Vehicle charging rebates cover 50% of the cost. I also will be receiving a $3500 check from the state in addition to the $7500 federal tax credit. The day after I bought it, I took it on a 700 mile road trip to Troy, NY. We only paid at one station on the NY expressway for an $8 session. Other than that, using the Plugshare app, we were able to find DC Fast chargers that were free on our route. With the level 2 charging at home, I don't need to use any of the public DC fast chargers. Ideally, they should only be used for people who are traveling and everyone should charge at home otherwise. My home electricity rates are anywhere from 14.5 cents / kw to 18.5 cents / kw, as an example the DC fast chargers at Royal Farms charge 29 cents / kw. So it's really not that much more, and you pay for convenience (and relative speed compared to home charging). My work doesn't currently have any options to hook up either 120V or 240V but hopefully they will in the future. My electric costs for the car will be about 2/3rd of what I spent on diesel, but I also do alot of highway driving which isn't as efficient as driving it around the city. In regards to 120V charging, if you're using 8amp settings you'll get 2-3 miles per hour of charging, 12 amp will get you around 3-4 miles per hour. I drive too much for that, but if I had a shorter commute I may not have had to install the level 2 charging at home.

So yeah, I totally think electric is the future...but I will surely miss hearing the familiar rumble of the Cruze!

Here's a picture of the Bolt!

FullSizeRender.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.