Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Good luck on the sale......Since just about every member has a Cruze already, don't expect too much action, heh heh.

Now, about the Bolt......pics and a driver report please.....( I'm toying with putting my wife in one.....need ammunition)

Thanks,
Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Yes but there are 13434 potential owners online right now, I mean that is an insane amount of traffic, this is truly the international home of the CRUZE. That Bolt is stunning and the HP & Torque are a wow factor. Are you able to charge it at home using the 240 volt system. Even then I read it takes 9 hours which is like running your A/C for 9 hours, worrisome. If you choose to charge at 120 Volts it takes 50 Hours. Also on a trip those Quick charge stations probably cost as much or more than Gas, and who knows how long the waits will be as these cars become popular. Good thing though, you should qualify for the $7500 Tax rebate, especially from paying $10K in local Des Plaines property taxes, incredible.
View attachment 227546
Thing is, eddie, she only drives to and from Palatine (HS Lunch Lady) round trip about 18 miles. All she'd have to do is plug it in every night and it would only charge for about an hour or less.
About twice a week she stops off at the grandkids....adds about two miles to the trip.

The only service I'd need to do is maybe a annual tire rotation. No oil to change, no filters, no belts, no coolant service. IMO the perfect urban assault vehicle for short haul grandma use.......looks roomy too.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.