Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

More pictures at: http://www.fototime.com/inv/15D2ADF10C99469

This is 2012 Chevy Cruze finished in Switchblade Silver metallic with the Jet Black interior. It’s fully equipped with leather interior, power seat, power windows and locks, cruise control, bright machine finish aluminum wheels, fog lights, rear spoiler, etc. It is a rebuilt salvage car that was hit on the right side. The doors were replaced with identical color doors from a parts car so there is a minimum of paintwork. It runs and drives excellent. The steering wheel is on dead center going down the road with no shakes or vibrations at speed and the brakes are firm with no pedal pulsations or pulling to one side when stopping. I detailed the exterior and posted pictures in the album at the link above. Will add interior pics soon. Car is in the Washington DC area but I can deliver. Priced at $9,995.

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Warranty?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Turtle are you going to buy IT ?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Nice. It looks to have RS emblems on the door, but I don't think that's the right trim. Speaking of which - what is it? LS-1LT-2LT-LTZ?

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
No ex-salvage car will have warranty, but the 3/36 basic warranty on any 2012 would have expired by now anyway and the 5 year powertrain warranty will expire over the next 12 months.
I'll offer you 4K today but yes you have to deliver it clear across the USA. About your understanding of the powertrain warranty you need to be very careful in what you offer. From a GM Warranty guide:

"This warranty is void on vehicle currently or previously titled as salvaged, scrapped, junked, or totaled".

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
That car is MINT and looks great, aside from the RS badges...but those doors must have been from another car or something. Most (non-enthusiast) people wouldn't care or notice. Great job.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll offer you 4K today but yes you have to deliver it clear across the USA. About your understanding of the powertrain warranty you need to be very careful in what you offer. From a GM Warranty guide:

"This warranty is void on vehicle currently or previously titled as salvaged, scrapped, junked, or totaled".
You're worse than the Craigslist lowballers.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
You're worse than the Craigslist lowballers.
Actually he's not. He's simply posting for potential buyers. Craigslist lowballers are trying to force a fair price down. The KBB private sale value is estimated at $12,832 but that doesn't take into account that it's a salvage title. Salvage titles are usually about half this, so yes, you are overpricing the car.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I'd say 6-7k wouldn't be a bad price for this car, even with the salvage title, if it's as good as it looks and there's no mechanical issues I'd say it's a **** good deal

·
2,254 Posts
Not trying to bash your thread here, and it looks like you did an awesome job on the car.

But think about it from the buyers perspective.

We just sold a car on our lot that is a 2013, 1LT, clean title, clean carfax, 28k miles, and we had it for sale at $11,996. We also had a 2013 LS with 30k miles (same clean title/carfax) for $10,500.

Why would I want to buy a car that has absolutely no warranty and a salvage title for a $1-2k less?

Heck, my 2012 had the water pump go out, transmission go out, etc. already at 37k. Thank goodness it was under warranty.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Wholesale on a clean title car like this is in the $9K range. A salvage title usually makes that drop by 30-40%. This car is worth $5500-$6500. I think there are also some issues with financing a car with a salvage title so it reduces your potential pool of buyers.

One thing that may help your cause is to post "before" pictures.

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
No ex-salvage car will have warranty, but the 3/36 basic warranty on any 2012 would have expired by now anyway and the 5 year powertrain warranty will expire over the next 12 months.
So you don't warrant your workmanship?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
This is an LS 1.8L with quite a few upgrades, no way its worth what they are asking

The reason you can see its an LS, the door and dash trim is light colored, and the dash has the upper tray. Sure its got 1LT wheels, fog lights and 2LT/LTZ leather seats but it also has that crooked mounted RS badge on the drivers door and a aftermarket rear spoiler(I prefer the factory lip).

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
If that's all you can afford, you shoulda jumped on my un-repaired 2012 Smart Car I had a few weeks ago: Smart Fortwo Passion with Only 13 000 Miles Free Delivery | eBay but I only delivered it half way across the USA. Half the room of a Cruze but half the price too.
Well no, I don't really want another car although my offer was sincere. The problem is and it differs from state to state, you can't title this car, you can't insure this car, and you can't finance this car~

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.