Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be selling my Cruze in the next few months and am returning everything back to stock. I just pulled the retrofitted headlights out of the car and am looking to sell everything as a package. It will come with: both headlights, H13 Motocontrol wiring harness, capacitor link to correct the DRL pulse signal, Morimoto xB35 ballasts (roughly half their life remaining), two Morimoto xB 6000k HID bulbs (roughly half their life remaining), and two Philips 85122 4200k HID bulbs (a little more than half their life remaining).

Both of the headlights are still in good condition, some dirt and wear from sitting inside the engine bay for two years. I haven't had any problems with moisture inside the lights. About a year after installing them I added a small plasti-dip strip to the bottom of the lights to cut down on glare a bit, and some of it has started to peel, Ill include pictures below.

Asking $350 for everything shipped.
IMG_1439.jpg IMG_1441.jpg IMG_1431.jpg File_000 (1).jpeg File_003.jpeg File_002.jpeg File_001 (1).jpeg File_005.jpeg IMG_1851.jpg

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Nice. Who did the conversion? Are they factory or aftermarket housings? Are they low beam only or bi-xenon high and low beam with the flapper control?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, should've included that in the original post. I did the build and install myself, and used aftermarket TYC headlights to avoid the permaseal on the OEMs. And yes they are bi-xenon, so they function just like factory!

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,675 Posts
Was the plasti-dip strip necessary on the bottom?

I see these housings are TYCs. How are they, quality-wise, compared to the OEMs? I know on the Cobalts, a lot of the aftermarket projector headlamp lenses had peeling issues.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the projectors by Morimoto, like the other components?
Yep, Morimoto mini D2S 3.0 projectors

Was the plasti-dip strip necessary on the bottom?

I see these housings are TYCs. How are they, quality-wise, compared to the OEMs? I know on the Cobalts, a lot of the aftermarket projector headlamp lenses had peeling issues.
Plasti-dip definitely not necessary, I just kind of liked how it looked and it cuts down on the glare bouncing off this part of the headlight a bit. File_000 (8).jpeg It's not much but noticeable, at least to me. In my opinion, the TYC's have been just as good as the OEM units. I think a lot of people here will say the same. They are for sure higher quality than most of the aftermarket Chinese eBay specials.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,675 Posts
So I could feasibly solve that, if I wanted, by pulling the lenses and housing apart and painting that portion?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Headlights sold, thanks Nate! Admins feel free to close or remove the thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.