Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FS: Winter Wheel/Tire package - Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 tires on 15" Sonic Wheels

Hello Everyone in Cruze world

I am selling a wheel tire combo of Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 tires size 205/70R15 (15" size for the First Gen Cruze) mounted on 15" forged Sonic wheels and factory TPM sensors. These were used on my sister's 2014 Cruze before she turned it in. This is the perfect combo for the Cruze. You are combining the best winter studless winter tires available, with some pretty indestructible forged factory GM wheels. It gives you the most tire sidewall possible to deal with winter roads. The tires all have at least 7/32" of tread remaining. One of the wheels has some cosmetic damage to the outside finish, but is fully functional otherwise. I am located in the suburban Detroit, Michigan. I am willing to ship, but the buyer pays any shipping costs, and would prefer local pickup. $450 OBO.

Tire Alloy wheel Rim Spoke Automotive tire Finger Tire Hand Nail Material property Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,908 Posts
Hmm, I have to keep these in mind for myself, or my friend. Both of us have Volts - his '16 should use the same frequency sensors as are in there already (my '17 uses a different frequency), it's just a matter of the offset, if they'll clear the calipers. We're both in the area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm in Rochester. If you wanted to try and see if they fit, that would certainly be a possibility. Tirerack only goes down to a 16" for the packages they offer for the second generation Volt, but we can see if it clears the front brakes. The tire size is a bit larger both on the first gen Cruze and first Gen Volt, vs. the second. It's actually the reason I'm selling these. My sister has a second gen Cruze now, and the tires are too big.

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Yeah - oddly enough, but if you go by wheel selection only, they'll let you choose 15" wheels. But they won't allow you to select all of the ones that will fit a Sonic. The ones I know for sure (American Racing AR895s) that fit (someone on the Volt forums runs them as his winter setup on his '16) are a +35 offset (stock 17s are +41), and I believe the Sonic 15s are a +39mm.

I have a full set of brand new 205/65R15 Xi3s in the basement, but I just haven't bought wheels yet - I had been looking into the Sonic 15s for a couple weeks now, wondering if they will fit. I'm over in Washington, so I'm not too far at all, that may be worth giving fitment a shot - and even if they don't fit, it's something I can make known on the Volt forums. The Sonic wheels are a bit heavier than the AR895s or AR919s (the other wheel that TR offers that fits - same +35 offset), but you know how the roads are here...probably not the worst thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know. I'm on vacation this week, so I should be available most days. I also have another set of Sonic wheels without tires that I'm using for my sister's new Cruze this winter. We can try those just to see if they fit without the excessively large tires.

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Yes, test fitting just the wheel would definitely make it a lot easier

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
I should be free for most of this weekend - so of course it's raining.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Items sold. Thread closed.

Reactions: MP81
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.