Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have used this oil:

FUCHS TITAN GT1 PRO FLEX XTL 5W30 ?

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
I'm committed to Total through a group buy I did a few years ago - but have you secured a Canadian supplier for Fuchs?

Reactions: pacolino

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm committed to Total through a group buy I did a few years ago - but have you secured a Canadian supplier for Fuchs?
Yes, @germanparts.ca, I just don't know much of this oil, it's probably more known in Europe, this is a local supplier and price is not bad at all $50/5 liter jug, canadian dollars.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
Yes, @germanparts.ca, I just don't know much of this oil, it's probably more known in Europe, this is a local supplier and price is not bad at all $50/5 liter jug, canadian dollars.

The group buy I worked out for Total Quartz came to CAN$44.35 / 5L, including HST and Ontario environment fee. But that was in September of 2013.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The group buy I worked out for Total Quartz came to CAN$44.35 / 5L, including HST and Ontario environment fee. But that was in September of 2013.
Not bad, how much you pay now for your Total Quartz?

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
Not bad, how much you pay now for your Total Quartz?

I bought a ton of it at the time of the group buy - and one of the buyers had to back out at the last minute after I had taken delivery - so I'm set for quite a while. Don't think I'll be shopping for oil until sometime in the next decade.

At the time the Total product was the best dexos2 registered oil I could source in the 5W30 viscosity. I'd argue that's still the case today in 2016.

This was the original thread from back in the day:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/64-c...-diesel-owners-ontario-quebec-upstate-ny.html

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a ton of it at the time of the group buy - and one of the buyers had to back out at the last minute after I had taken delivery - so I'm set for quite a while. Don't think I'll be shopping for oil until sometime in the next decade.

At the time the Total product was the best dexos2 registered oil I could source in the 5W30 viscosity. I'd argue that's still the case today in 2016.

This is was the original thread from back in the day:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/64-c...-diesel-owners-ontario-quebec-upstate-ny.html
Thanks, any ideas about Fuchs?, there are not much reviews on the net.

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
Thanks, any ideas about Fuchs?, there are not much reviews on the net.

Well it's: 1) a dexos2 registered oil; and, 2) in the correct 5W30 viscosity. So it has two of my critical elements.

But my third critical element is: 3) full synthetic. I checked the Fuchs webpage and could not find reference to this particular Fuchs oil being full synthetic.

So from that point of view I would see it as comparable to the dexos2 oil sold at the dealer's parts counter. It's going to be a good oil. Work well within normal operating parameters and strictly following the oil change monitor.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use it and had no issues bought 3 of them 1 down and getting to the 2nd shortly. It is a full syn did my research before purchasing the 3 jugs does say full syn
and extended change interval. I found the info on there website.
I myself prefer Scheaffers Oil made in St Louis Mo they do not make an ACEA 3 spec yet cannot wait till they do. 5w40 full syn has been used in my 7.3l powerstoke for 7 years now at 10000 to 12000 mile changes. I also use there oil analysis at every oil change.
Did have the gm dexos 2 tested and after 6000 miles it still was in spec to go a little further

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use it and had no issues bought 3 of them 1 down and getting to the 2nd shortly. It is a full syn did my research before purchasing the 3 jugs does say full syn
and extended change interval. I found the info on there website.
I myself prefer Scheaffers Oil made in St Louis Mo they do not make an ACEA 3 spec yet cannot wait till they do. 5w40 full syn has been used in my 7.3l powerstoke for 7 years now at 10000 to 12000 mile changes. I also use there oil analysis at every oil change.
Did have the gm dexos 2 tested and after 6000 miles it still was in spec to go a little further
Titan gt1 pro flex sae 5w-30 xtl is a blend oil, it's not fully synthetic, it doesn't say full synthetic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts