Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need some help! where can I find my fuel filter? And I want to clean my fuel system, anyone have a write up on that or a video? I have a 14 RS 2lt

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The fuel filter is not serviceable and is located in the tank as part of the fuel pump.

An annual bottle of Chevron with Techron fuel injector cleaner in a full tank of fuel will keep the injectors in fine condition.
Techron is the GM recommended F.I. cleaner.

Nice to have such a low maintenance car isn't it?

Rob

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Regular, effective and ongoing use of a Top Tier Gasoline as directed.

If not then Techron as Robby wisely counselled.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah but I'm getting horrible mpg when I first got my car I was getting 36-37.4ish mpg hwy and city 26-28 but now it's just bad I'm at like 21/30-31...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have never gotten better than 28 MPG highway since day 1, 2011 LTZ RS. I've brought it in more than once while it was under warranty. I waited about 10K miles figuring the engine needed to break in but it never got better. Dealer blamed it being the LTZ with 18" wheels causing more rolling resistance. I can believe that affecting MPG to a small extent, but not a 20% loss in MPG over a slightly slimmer tire. I was getting better MPG in my C6, and that has some very wide tires.
I'll be trying some Tehran. Having other issues right now though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.