Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning
I suppose this isnt huge deal but was still concerned so I thought I'd ask.
I drive a 2012 cruze (base model) that ive owned since.march of this year
This morning I filled my car up to go Florida from Georgia I believe it was at 178 miles remaining.
Filled the tank up. My dad actually added about 1 more gallon from when it stopped st $26 and it was $29

Normally when the tank is full the DIC will say ~430
This time it was at 370 when full which I've never seen before.
The odd thing is now it says 392(has dropped down to 389) so it seems to have risen since we've been driving

However the manual gauge shows the dial close to full

Should I be concerned?
I understand the DIC gauge value is only estamite but that's a huge difference from what I normally see haha

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Your last tank of gas had poor fuel economy. The estimated range is based on a combination of the last 50 or so miles driven and the fuel fill level sensor. The reason your tank initially went up is because the sensor is pressed to the top of it's float rail and couldn't read any higher while your moving average fuel economy improved. The drop is because your moving average fuel economy has dropped. To see this in action over a 250 mile range take a look at my 814 mile range thread (link in my sig).

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
What obermd said is quite common, I left Sydney with a full tank to go on a 400km trip with the DIC showing 600km to empty, 200km into the trip my fuel gauge was on 3/4 and my DIC still said 600km to empty. After travelling a total of 780km I still had 184km to empty. When I filled up it took 44.25 litres and the tank is 60 litres.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
The estimated range is based on a combination of the last 50 or so miles driven
By the last 50 or so miles driven, can anyone comment on what this exact number is for the DIC calculating estimated range left in the tank?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Glad I found this. I filled up after highway driving and had a range of 515. Then filled up today and only had 470. Everything from a not full tank to a leak ran through my head.... I could have sworn I saw a range over 500 last time.

thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts