Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ‘18 Cruze TD experienced an issue with the Fuel Gauge as it’s reading Empty when it’s really not. Additionally, the fuel range is blank. It all started as I stopped by the gas station to put 1 Gallon into the tank in order to get home last night.

What could be likely reasons for it to remain stuck on Empty and the fuel range blank?

Vehicle Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Gauge

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1.6L Diesel
27 Posts
When getting in and turning on the car/ignition, does the fuel gauge sweep from E to F? Also, if possible, scan the car to see if you have any set DTC's that could help pin point the issue (P0461-P0464)

·
Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
296 Posts
"1 gallon in to get home"

im not sure, but coming from a gen 1 gas, anything below the gallon wont read..... so it may be you didn't put enough in this time to register it

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Gretio. Set link to Global A SWCAN. Read the DIC codes.

It's obviously a communication issue but that would tell you precisely what. It's unlikely a generic reader will shine any light on this.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My ‘18 Cruze TD experienced an issue with the Fuel Gauge as it’s reading Empty when it’s really not. Additionally, the fuel range is blank. It all started as I stopped by the gas station to put 1 Gallon into the tank in order to get home last night.

What could be likely reasons for it to remain stuck on Empty and the fuel range blank?

View attachment 298597
You stopped by the GAS station to put in 1 gallon of GAS? in a Diesel?
😲

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When getting in and turning on the car/ignition, does the fuel gauge sweep from E to F? Also, if possible, scan the car to see if you have any set DTC's that could help pin point the issue (P0461-P0464)
It didn’t even cycle from E to F on startup. It [Was] stuck on E. It did eventually fix itself after filling up and driving approximately 2 Gallons (97.5 Miles), registering the current fuel gauge reading and the range displaying.

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1.6L Diesel
27 Posts
It didn’t even cycle from E to F on startup. It [Was] stuck on E. It did eventually fix itself after filling up and driving approximately 2 Gallons (97.5 Miles), registering the current fuel gauge reading and the range displaying.
If you're not getting the gauge to sweep when you start the car, it could be a cluster issue. It may be an issue with just the fuel gauge itself in the cluster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts