Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Fuel gauge

Tags
fuel gauge
2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  karl2 
#1 ·
Today the engine suddenly stopped. I tried to start the engine a couple of times but it was totally dead. After a while I could suddenly smell Gasoline. I looked in the engine room and could see that the fuel line had fallen of right where it enters the engine. The blue plastic clip seemed to be mounted wrongly. I installed the fuel line and started the engine. The fuel gauge was blinking and the text Fill Fuel was on. I filled some gasoline but the fuel gauge is still indicating zero level and the warning to fill fuel is on. Does something need to be reset or is there a problem with the fuel gauge.

#2 ·
The blue plastic clip seems to be a cheap solution for a fuel line. Everybody knows that plastic deteriorate in hot conditions over time. Luckily my car was not so warm yet, had only been driving for 1 km. ( but anyway mine was not bad, but wrongly mounted by the dealer mechanic. )

#6 ·
I believe the North American clip is metal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.