Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's awesome how many miles you have on your original fuel max tires. Mine came with the Firestone FR710 and I just had to replace them last month. No way they were making it through this winter with the treads left at 48,000 miles. Hopefully my V rated set gets just as many miles as your original goodyears!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Also, what PSI does everyone with the Fuel Max run at? I have mine at 32psi right now which gives a nice ride, but the labeling on the tire says you can pump it up to 52 or 54 I think. Seems high

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bumped them up to 46 psi a couple hundred miles before I threw the winter tires back on last Friday.
If I remember correctly the sidewall PSI is 51 cold. The door placard on the ECO MT is 35 PSI. Run your tires anywhere between these two numbers (cold). Look for the sweet spot for yourself trading off comfort and performance. Safety is pretty much a given as long as you don't under or overinflate your tires. Higher pressure equates to less sidewall flex => stiffer ride, more predictable cornering, and less heat buildup in the tire. I discovered that if I started my FuelMax tires at 45 PSI cold or 50 PSI cold they maxed out about 54 PSI hot.
Cool thank you. Guess Ill start at 35 and work my way up from there. Im afraid that if I kept mine at 45-50 cold, it would literally shake the car apart from the terrible roads here ha

·
Registered
134 Posts
I live in Michigan, so our roads are generally terrible (they've recently just...removed...a few sections of road on our route home, without any warning - or any signs for that matter. Incredibly hard transition and very rough while on the not-road), and it really isn't too bad.
Thanks I'll definitely give the higher inflation a chance. I'll also get a chance to try out those Michigan roads soon. Heading out there today for thanksgiving with the family.

Man, are they done with all that construction on route 23 yet? Seems like every time I'm out for a visit that road gets worse and worse, and they're always working on it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.