Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
There are actually three different FuelMax tires. One version is H rated and was the OEM tire for the 2011 ECO MT. The other two are V rated but with different tread depths.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Im currently on my 4th set. I have averged exactly 84,500 miles per set. My previous set of eco fuel max tires were replaced after 94k miles. They have a tread of 9/32 and have a 65k mile warranty....needless to say I get my moneys worth everytime. I pay on average about $120 per tire out the door after lifetime install and tax at discount tire.

These tires still had about 2/32 remaining and im sure I could have achieved 100k miles if it wasnt for the inside shoulder wear which caused some of the steel belts to appear on the tire after so many miles. So that is something to keep in mind. You should have your tire inspected for any exposed steel belts.
Do you run yours FuelMax Assurance year round?

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Thanks. I'm torn between sticking with my Perellis or going back to the FuelMax Assurance next spring when I replace my tires.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Also, what PSI does everyone with the Fuel Max run at? I have mine at 32psi right now which gives a nice ride, but the labeling on the tire says you can pump it up to 52 or 54 I think. Seems high
If I remember correctly the sidewall PSI is 51 cold. The door placard on the ECO MT is 35 PSI. Run your tires anywhere between these two numbers (cold). Look for the sweet spot for yourself trading off comfort and performance. Safety is pretty much a given as long as you don't under or overinflate your tires. Higher pressure equates to less sidewall flex => stiffer ride, more predictable cornering, and less heat buildup in the tire. I discovered that if I started my FuelMax tires at 45 PSI cold or 50 PSI cold they maxed out about 54 PSI hot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.