Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,586 Posts
Cool thank you. Guess Ill start at 35 and work my way up from there. Im afraid that if I kept mine at 45-50 cold, it would literally shake the car apart from the terrible roads here ha
I live in Michigan, so our roads are generally terrible (they've recently just...removed...a few sections of road on our route home, without any warning - or any signs for that matter. Incredibly hard transition and very rough while on the not-road), and it really isn't too bad.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I live in Michigan, so our roads are generally terrible (they've recently just...removed...a few sections of road on our route home, without any warning - or any signs for that matter. Incredibly hard transition and very rough while on the not-road), and it really isn't too bad.
Thanks I'll definitely give the higher inflation a chance. I'll also get a chance to try out those Michigan roads soon. Heading out there today for thanksgiving with the family.

Man, are they done with all that construction on route 23 yet? Seems like every time I'm out for a visit that road gets worse and worse, and they're always working on it!

·
COTM Winner
6,586 Posts
Thanks I'll definitely give the higher inflation a chance. I'll also get a chance to try out those Michigan roads soon. Heading out there today for thanksgiving with the family.

Man, are they done with all that construction on route 23 yet? Seems like every time I'm out for a visit that road gets worse and worse, and they're always working on it!
Hasn't been any construction on US 23 in the past year or two.

·
COTM Winner
6,586 Posts
Hmm, maybe it's the part of 23 south of the border in Toledo I'm thinking of. That I know for sure has been under construction for years and years
Yes - that's the spot, because it was under construction when we drove that route coming back from North Carolina, when we still lived up near Flint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm comparing a few different tires as well. I was looking at the Continental purecontact with ecoplus (or whatever). Has anyone tried these? They appear to have less road noise and a longer tread life according to the internet.

·
Registered
335 Posts
First of all, mostly for the Eco drivers - Has anybody achieved near 100,000 miles on their original Goodyear Fuel Max tires? I'm on my original set and passing 87,000 miles. I'll see if I can get to 100,000 miles. I still have pretty decent tread (#boringdriver).

Also, in anticipation of impending tire replacement, since I've had such good luck with the Fuel Max tires, I'm looking at the Tire Rack for replacements. Does anybody know why three "different" Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires are shown for 215/55R 17 94V UTQG: 580 A A? Prices are $119.20, $111.68, and $106.20. I can't tell if there is a difference in these tires.
I just replaced my original Goodyear assurance tires that came on my 2014 eco manual Cruze. I got 102,000 out of them. I replaced them with Goodyear assurance "outlast" tires. They are suppose to give me 80,000 and cost me only 90 a tire. They look the same as the original and I hope they are.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.