Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Fuel Max tires - most miles / Tire Rack shows *three* different ones?

6K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Hazlitt777 
#1 ·
First of all, mostly for the Eco drivers - Has anybody achieved near 100,000 miles on their original Goodyear Fuel Max tires? I'm on my original set and passing 87,000 miles. I'll see if I can get to 100,000 miles. I still have pretty decent tread (#boringdriver).

Also, in anticipation of impending tire replacement, since I've had such good luck with the Fuel Max tires, I'm looking at the Tire Rack for replacements. Does anybody know why three "different" Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires are shown for 215/55R 17 94V UTQG: 580 A A? Prices are $119.20, $111.68, and $106.20. I can't tell if there is a difference in these tires.

#2 ·
There are actually three different FuelMax tires. One version is H rated and was the OEM tire for the 2011 ECO MT. The other two are V rated but with different tread depths.

#3 ·
The difference is the tread-depth. Ours is the 9/32" one - 19lbs. The 10/32" model is 23 lbs.

All three are V-rated.

#4 ·
That's awesome how many miles you have on your original fuel max tires. Mine came with the Firestone FR710 and I just had to replace them last month. No way they were making it through this winter with the treads left at 48,000 miles. Hopefully my V rated set gets just as many miles as your original goodyears!

#7 ·
Im currently on my 4th set. I have averged exactly 84,500 miles per set. My previous set of eco fuel max tires were replaced after 94k miles. They have a tread of 9/32 and have a 65k mile warranty....needless to say I get my moneys worth everytime. I pay on average about $120 per tire out the door after lifetime install and tax at discount tire.

These tires still had about 2/32 remaining and im sure I could have achieved 100k miles if it wasnt for the inside shoulder wear which caused some of the steel belts to appear on the tire after so many miles. So that is something to keep in mind. You should have your tire inspected for any exposed steel belts.

#9 ·
Do you run yours FuelMax Assurance year round?

#8 ·
I'm at 80,000 miles on my fuel max tires. Defiantly getting another set when I have to but I'm sure it won't make it to 100k.

#14 ·
I bumped them up to 46 psi a couple hundred miles before I threw the winter tires back on last Friday.

#11 ·
Yes I use the fuel max tires all year. They have always kept me on the road even on the harsh winter mountain highways near Sun Valley, Idaho. I drive from 3k to 5.5k ft elevation everyday and I know your familiar with elevation being from Colorado. Im very satisfied with the Goodyear FuelMax tires.

I considered purchasing a new set of Goodyear winter tires for the winter months starting this year....in fact I was checking prices earlier this morning.

#13 ·
Thanks. I'm torn between sticking with my Perellis or going back to the FuelMax Assurance next spring when I replace my tires.

#19 ·
No complaints with my fuel max tires on the diesel or the eco during the winter months here. I wish the tires lasted longer for me but I drive a little more aggressively I guess lol.

Reactions: obermd
#16 ·
I just replaced mine a few months ago at 76,000 miles with General RT43's. The OE's still had between 4/32" - 5/32" with no problems so I'm sure 100,000 miles was definitely doable. FWIW, I always kept them inflated to 40-42 psi whereas I'm running the Generals between 35-37 psi.

#28 ·
I just replaced my original Goodyear assurance tires that came on my 2014 eco manual Cruze. I got 102,000 out of them. I replaced them with Goodyear assurance "outlast" tires. They are suppose to give me 80,000 and cost me only 90 a tire. They look the same as the original and I hope they are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.