Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting 510+ miles average per fill and the past fill up range said 450. Today filled up and it went to 464. My driving style and highway/city miles hasn't changed. I know there is prob 100 different reasons for this but anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Outside temperature?

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Siphoned tank?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
How are you measuring? Is this as stated by the DIC, are you going by odometers between fill-ups? I don't think anyone stealing gas will affect the DIC. Is the fuel gauge going all the way to full after a fill-up.

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Different pumps click off at different levels. I've seen differences up to a gallon.

Unless you're topping off to the rim each fill up there's no way to be certain you're consistently getting the same amount of fuel.

Weather, pumps and even a difference in the last 50 miles driven can explain your variance on the DIC reading.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How are you measuring? Is this as stated by the DIC, are you going by odometers between fill-ups? I don't think anyone stealing gas will affect the DIC. Is the fuel gauge going all the way to full after a fill-up.
Ya, by the DIC. I always fill till pump clicks off, no topping off after first click. Gauge is at full like normal.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Different pumps click off at different levels. I've seen differences up to a gallon.

Unless you're topping off to the rim each fill up there's no way to be certain you're consistently getting the same amount of fuel.

Weather, pumps and even a difference in the last 50 miles driven can explain your variance on the DIC reading.
Good point on different stations, the 2 fill ups were at the same gas station. Maybe I'll stop at a different station today and see.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Forgot that I reset my trip after my last fill up. I've heard lots about spark plug gap being off. I bought NGK's to replace them cause she shakes at idle but I ripped a boot a little trying to do it and didn't change them till I bought 4 boots just in case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.