Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello, friends. Detailing is my personal hobby, and by that I mean higher end detailing - using various pads on dual action machine polishers and experimenting with various brands and what not. I'll let the pics do the talking but one of the craziest things I noticed was how freaking faded the black plastic trim was with the car being manufactured only 4 months ago.

And if someone could help me rotate my pictures like they are on my computer....that would be great. :)

Supplies Used:
* CarPro Reset soap
* CarPro Iron X Snow Soap (used after claying via a Foam Cannon to decontaminate)
* Adams Deep Wheel Cleaner
* Shine Supply All Purpose Cleaner (tires/wheel wells/plastic trim)
* Adams Clay Bar
* Adams Super VRT (tires and plastic trim conditioning)
* Rupes LHR 15 machine polisher with microfiber and foam 5.5" pads
* Shine Supply Classic Polish or Shine Supply Flat Top compound
* CarPro Eraser (oil and polish residue remover)
* Shine Supply Daddy-O sealant

IMG_1_6094.jpg IMG_2_6095.jpg IMG_3_6096.jpg IMG_4_6097.jpg IMG_5_6093.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
And if someone could help me rotate my pictures like they are on my computer....that would be great. :)
I'd suggest deliberately rotating them "wrong" and then make them "right". Depending on what you're using to edit, that may fix it.

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
cammyfive,

Excellente! :goodjob:

Hey by the way, I fixed your pics so it seems only fair now that you work your detailing expertise magic on my 2014 Summit White RS. Square deal?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Also thanks Ulysses for turning my pictures right side up! I guess I kinda do owe you a full paint correction detail for that, right? Just come on up to Raleigh!

I order my detailing supplies primarily directly through the companies I listed in the products I used. They're not available at big box local stores.

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
Thanks Ulysses for turning my pictures right side up!
Your welcome cam5, my pleasure.

I guess I kinda do owe you a full paint correction detail for that, right? Just come on up to Raleigh!
Would do just that in a heartbeat but it's a 5oo mile drive from my pad to your place. OTOH, I could gas up my Whitson Flutterbug at the local airport and fly down in about two hours but my Cruze would still be back in Penna, so I think you're safe. Gotta see about moving myself back down to the Piedmont-Skyline Drive region of Virg. Did my undergraduate studies at Mr Jefferson's Country Club in Charlottesville.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts