Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Funny buzzing noise from under hood

11877 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  [email protected]
Has anybody noticed a funny buzzing noise after shut down? I have a 2012 Eco MT. Sometimes after I get in the garage and shut it off, there is a quite audible buzzing noise coming from under the hood. I thought it was an electronic buzz at first but now I am not sure. It sounds like it might be coming from the front of the motor, near the exhaust manifold. There appears to be some sort of vacuum solenoid or something just outside the heat shield, maybe coming from there. I have not noticed any type of performance issues, it is just an annoying sound.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
Fan sometimes runs after shut down

· Registered
78 Posts
Has anybody noticed a funny buzzing noise after shut down? I have a 2012 Eco MT. Sometimes after I get in the garage and shut it off, there is a quite audible buzzing noise coming from under the hood. I thought it was an electronic buzz at first but now I am not sure. It sounds like it might be coming from the front of the motor, near the exhaust manifold. There appears to be some sort of vacuum solenoid or something just outside the heat shield, maybe coming from there. I have not noticed any type of performance issues, it is just an annoying sound.
Sounds like a Cooling fan.. Open the hood and look at the fan and see if it's running ...

· Premium Member
5,048 Posts
After 5 minutes or so mine'll run a little motor. I always assumed it was the shutters closing to keep in engine heat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.