Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The e-mail just hit the in box.

"OnStar has notified us about an open recall campaign on your 2017 Cruze: Recall Number: 2017337 Diesel particulate matter sensor diagnostic fault."

Recall Title:
Diesel Particulate Matter Sensor Diagnostic Fault
Recall Description:
General Motors has decided to conduct a Voluntary Emission Recall involving certain 2016 model year Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon; 2017 model year Chevrolet Express, GMC Savana; 2017-2018 model year Chevrolet Colorado, Cruze, Silverado HD, GMC Canyon, Sierra HD and 2018 model year Chevrolet Equinox, GMC Terrain vehicles, equipped with a diesel engine. The engine control module in these vehicles may not properly diagnose a fault in the exhaust particulate matter sensor. Additionally, a subset of these vehicles, certain 2017 model year Chevrolet Silverado HD and GM Sierra HD vehicles, may in rare instances exhibit a condition in which the engine surges up to 2,800 RPM during vehicle coast or vehicle braking.
Repair Description:
Program the engine control module, and transmission control module when applicable.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ask and ye shall receive,
This is the version that posted to the Owner Center today:
[h=4]The following recalls and programs have been found for your 2017 Chevrolet Cruze[/h]
  • VIN: 1G1BH5SE8H7XXXXXX
  • Results last updated: Dec 29, 2017
Recalls and/or programs for your vehicle in which repairs have not been completed are listed below.
[h=5]Safety & Non-Compliance Recalls[/h] What's this?

• GM Recall #:
  • N172118140

• Date Issued:
  • Nov 01, 2017

Recall Title:
Diesel Particulate Matter Sensor Diagnostic Fault
Recall Description:
General Motors has decided to conduct a Voluntary Emission Recall involving certain 2016 model year Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon; 2017 model year Chevrolet Express, GMC Savana; 2017-2018 model year Chevrolet Colorado, Cruze, Silverado HD, GMC Canyon, Sierra HD and 2018 model year Chevrolet Equinox, GMC Terrain vehicles, equipped with a diesel engine. The engine control module in these vehicles may not properly diagnose a fault in the exhaust particulate matter sensor. Additionally, a subset of these vehicles, certain 2017 model year Chevrolet Silverado HD and GM Sierra HD vehicles, may in rare instances exhibit a condition in which the engine surges up to 2,800 RPM during vehicle coast or vehicle braking.
Repair Description:
Program the engine control module, and transmission control module when applicable.
[HR][/HR] Recall Status: INCOMPLETE

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
You probably won't find anything on the internet or even the onstar websight.

Mine had the famous 3rd brake light thing. It was never listed but the dealer knew about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got this on my '18 Equinox Diesel. It says its voluntary but it included a letter from the state of California that said my registration will be canceled because it is an emissions recall......Anyone that has had it fixed notice any change in power or fuel economy? Does anyone know more specifics on the recall?

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
I just got this on my '18 Equinox Diesel. It says its voluntary but it included a letter from the state of California that said my registration will be canceled because it is an emissions recall......Anyone that has had it fixed notice any change in power or fuel economy? Does anyone know more specifics on the recall?
Hey why not post that letter right here. Very strange that the State of California would cancel your registration over a separating Axle shaft or whatever else you claim they said. Now THAT would make a great lawsuit, forget about any Lemon Law or Buyback program!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Had my 2018 HB TD done this week, see attached copy of service. No changes noticed in performance etc. since[iurl="http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=255625&stc=1&d=1519325894"]
[/iurl]
Sounds to me like the ECM isn't detecting a sensor is bad or not reading correctly. Probably just reprogramming to detect that fault if it happens. I've heard of some guys having a check engine light shortly after this. Waiting on my second oil change to take mine in.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey why not post that letter right here. Very strange that the State of California would cancel your registration over a separating Axle shaft or whatever else you claim they said. Now THAT would make a great lawsuit, forget about any Lemon Law or Buyback program!

What does a separating axle shaft have to do with emissions? Reread his post more closely.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
What does a separating axle shaft have to do with emissions? Reread his post more closely.
Do you really believe California sent notice to Ssorange who just joined here hours ago, and this notice said Registration on the 2018 Equinox is going to be cancelled due to this voluntary recall and an emissions problem. Come on:giggle:

Now your info in the original post was absolutely helpful!

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you really believe California sent notice to Ssorange who just joined here hours ago, and this notice said Registration on the 2018 Equinox is going to be cancelled due to this voluntary recall and an emissions problem. Come on:giggle:
Actually yes. I had to go get a friend's truck from California and bring it back to Texas when he transferred out there in the 90s because CalDMV wouldn't register it until he had some PVC valve recall done. Problem was the dealership could find no such recall in the database. Had to put it on a trailer until it crossed the state line or risk it getting impounded.

So nothing Cali threatens to do surprises me.

Now your info in the original post was absolutely helpful!
Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
So nothing Cali threatens to do surprises me.
I live here man, 39.25 Million in this State. I do feel the pain, we have to deal with lot's of crap. As you know these Chevy Cars and Trucks have to meet strict Federal & California emissions standards, and we can't have trolls posting their own fake news about their registration being cancelled because of a Chevrolet TSB or a voluntary/mandatory recall

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I live here man, 39.25 Million in this State. I do feel the pain, we have to deal with lot's of crap. As you know these Chevy Cars and Trucks have to meet strict Federal & California emissions standards, and we can't have trolls posting their own fake news about their registration being cancelled because of a Chevrolet TSB or a voluntary/mandatory recall
I hope he does post the notice. Or perhaps someone else that has received a similar notice could post theirs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts