Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a public advisory for other Canadian members with Cruze diesels: I had been under the impression that the Scanguage II with the CTD programming for regen and such was only available by direct orders from scangauge.com. But I was talking with Tom Gifford of scangaugecanada.com and he went to ScanGauge directly and now he's stocking them (or maybe programming them in-house).

Anyway, I just ordered one from him. $180CAD at the time of this writing, plus $10 or 15 for ground/air shipping, plus taxes. He's located in Ottawa FWIW. I have no affiliation with him other than ordering one and being impressed that he actually went to the work to get me an answer about the CTD instead of just saying 'not available'. Anyway, I'll try to remember to post back when I get mine and let everyone know how it works.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
This is just a public advisory for other Canadian members with Cruze diesels: I had been under the impression that the Scanguage II with the CTD programming for regen and such was only available by direct orders from scangauge.com. But I was talking with Tom Gifford of scangaugecanada.com and he went to ScanGauge directly and now he's stocking them (or maybe programming them in-house).

Anyway, I just ordered one from him. $180CAD at the time of this writing, plus $10 or 15 for ground/air shipping, plus taxes. He's located in Ottawa FWIW. I have no affiliation with him other than ordering one and being impressed that he actually went to the work to get me an answer about the CTD instead of just saying 'not available'. Anyway, I'll try to remember to post back when I get mine and let everyone know how it works.
There's some Canadian members on here I'm pretty sure that have ordered from there. You need to email directly and tell them your address and they'll calculate a shipping cost. Not that that matters now though if the guy you mentioned is stocking them. That's great! I'm in Canada and was the original tester of the ScanGauge for the Diesel. Glad to see people are still going after this gauge. It's a great one!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's some Canadian members on here I'm pretty sure that have ordered from there. You need to email directly and tell them your address and they'll calculate a shipping cost. Not that that matters now though if the guy you mentioned is stocking them. That's great! I'm in Canada and was the original tester of the ScanGauge for the Diesel. Glad to see people are still going after this gauge. It's a great one!
Someone mentioned getting one from them for the CTD on here before (that's where I got their name) but I don't think they got one because Tom, the guy who runs it, didn't seem to know about the special programming for the Cruze and had to enquire about the it with scangauge for mine. Took about a week for him to get it straightened out but now he's stocking it, so others shouldn't have to go through that.

In any case, shipped same as day as ordering with tracking. Arrived today (via xpresspost for the extra $5) along with a sheet with all the special CTD readings. Installed in 5 minutes and works great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the info JoeBean. I ordered mine a couple days ago and it arrived last night. So far I'm loving it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought mine through Tom last year. I asked him about the special programming for the CTD and he had to call Scanguage tech support in the U.S. to verify it before ordering. He had them load it, and ship it directly to me, and I payed through his web site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts