Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how to explain this. But I have an LS model 2015 Cruze. I noticed the steering wheel that there is a gap next to the area where it has the controls to do things to the radio on the right side. The left side of the center of the steering wheel, where you push the horn it is more pushed down, but the right side it seems has a gap.
Basically if you see the space I circled in red. That is a stock photo, but it seems that center panel is more raised up off the wheel than it should be. Not worried about it right now, but if it's not how it should be I definitely will bring it up with the dealer next time I go for my oil change.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's just that right side so I found it odd. Plus the car was new when I got it, how does that pass by quality inspection lol. I'll have to do it at some point. I don't feel like messing with it now and the horn going off.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Could be a broken tab, take it back to the dealer, if you play with it and wreck it, its yours. For all we know, not in the cover, but in the steering wheel itself, so the whole assembly would have to be replaced.

·
10,685 Posts
Gap on LS wheel is normal cause the other side is a solid piece where CC would have been. if you can press the horn then it should be lined up correctly. Only other thing you could do is pressing the infortainment buttons surround in more carefully, They have half inch pole/tabs that anchor into the foam of the wheel.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
So whose problem is this, the OP's or GM, awfully close to that air bag as just another precaution.

Shouldn't this thread be in the Ask GM section? They are helpful in matters like this if having problems with a dealer, but typically reply, find another dealer.

Worked for me, finding a different dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
IMO its GM's problem
he did say
"I definitely will bring it up with the dealer next time I go for my oil change"
so do this OP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts