Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally got a nice longish trip under the cruze's belt. 88 miles round trip.I get to my destination and see i have about 1/8 a tank of gas left.Now minus the dealer fill of 87.Ive put 2 tanks of sunoco 91 in and have not had any issues as far as pulsating.The only gas station around that was open the time of night was a sheetz.They only had 87 89 and 93.So i put 5 gallons of 93 in.On the return home i noticed pulsating in the gas pedal and it felt sluggish,not what im used to with this car.My question is am i experiencing heat soak to some extent?It was 31*f and highway driving.Or did i just get some "bad" gas from sheetz?

Thanks for any and all thoughts,
Rob

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I'll third that for bad gas. Stop by a Shell dealership and put a tank of premium in. When that tank runs down do it one more time. Shell Premium has some of the best fuel system cleaners available.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Ahh, you used gas commonly known as a colloquialism for recurrent diarrhea. That's the issue right there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it is not one i use unless im almost empty and need it to get home like last night. I usually use sunoco 91.Im leaning towards bad gas as well.But if its just dumb luck with the timing of this issue rising,other ideas to keep in mind after i burn through this little bit of gas?Ill keep a look out for a shell station however dont really know of any.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.