Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering what a gallon of gas is costing you, wherever you are?
As of 9pm PST 11/27/19 in the state of Washington the lowest I saw was $2.99/gal. The SE part of the state. Oh 2.99 and 9/10.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I'll find out today. I think we're about the same but I don't usually pay attention till it's time to feed the car.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
2.98 for 93 octane, 2.37 for regular.
Costco 2.82 and 2.28.

Been pretty steady this week. I guess Michigan prices don't care about exploding refineries in Texas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How many check their RPO Gasoline code (mine is in the trunk). Mine is FJW = E15.
. E15 is a fuel blend containing 15% ethanol and 85% gasoline that burns cleaner than regular gasoline. E15 is the most tested fuel in history, and is EPA-approved for use in all 2001 and newer cars, SUVs, and light-duty trucks.
T.W.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
E15 is meaningless for those of us that don't have it.

We're all 10% or Ethanol free. And Ethanol free is what I use.

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
2.33 yesterday 2.66 today SW Ohio.

·
Registered
137 Posts
San Antonio TX Costco
$1.99 87 octane
$2.51 93 octane

·
Administrator
25,108 Posts
My local Safeway shows $2.77 for 85 octane. 87 is always about 30 cents more and 91 about 70 cents more. I don't know the actual numbers for 87 and 91 as I haven't stopped for gas since Feb 28 of this year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Most places here in SE Washington State are $3.03 for regular and holding steady since I originally posted 5 or 6 days ago. Although I have noticed that a few have went with 2.99. I cant help always wondering what the prices are. Its become a weird hobby really lol!
On another note I was talking to an attendant at a gas station in Oregon a few days ago. (I am about an hour from the stateline where my family is) And he was telling me that the pumps have these regulators where the can be off by a few cents. If I remember right there was one where the gas enters the pump. One from pump to hose and one in the nozzle thing. He said according to state regulations it can be off. So you might think you are paying 2.50 a gallon but you could be paying 2.50 for less than a gallon. The city or someone keeps the offset.
Now he was definitely stoned and I am gullible so he could have just been messing with me. Either way I thought I would share.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Pumps are supposed to be tested once a year I think it is. For accuracy.

Once in a blue moon you pull in to a station and see a pump out of service. I'm guessing that's why. Needs to be calibrated.

I'm surprised at the price difference some of you have.
We've been $.20 difference between low and hi. Now it's $.30. Might be because of winter blend. Not sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts