Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly, I have a gas smell in the cabin after the car sits (it continues while driving). I can also smell gas in the trunk, but not outside of the car. I'm at a loss, as I do not smell anything under the hood (with the car running or off) and cannot seem to find any leaks anywhere.

Has anyone else encountered this and discovered where the leak was coming from? I really don't want to pay a dealership to "look around" for a few hours if I can at all avoid it.

It is a 2012, 1.4L Turbo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have driven it for 2 weeks like this (thanks to the warm weather, I can keep the windows down some). I have been watching for a check engine light to show up, but nothing. I even plugged my code detector in just to double-check the engine light, but it didn't register anything.

My initial guess is that it is around the fuel injectors as well, but I can't find anything. It happened after an oil change, but I am fairly certain that was only coincidental. I cannot think of anything that would happen during an oil change to cause the problem.

Looks like I'm off to my least favorite place... the dealership.

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.