Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Figured I'd post it on here before I make an appointment.

The past couple days I have been driving my car and have the heat on, obviously. When it is at a stop, or if it is remote started and let sit for a while, or rolling slowly, the stench of gas fills the interior. Any idea what you think is going on?

I love the smell of gasoline, but not as an air freshener for my car....I got an absolutely terrible headache on my hour and a half drive home yesterday, that just so happened to clear up only an hour after I got out of my car.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Did you pop the hood and sniff around? Don’t light any matches!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
This happened to my dad's car once when a spark plug backed out a little bit. Since that's common for the Cruze (usually makes a weird noise), it's worth checking out.

Otherwise, I think something in the EVAP system could be a culprit (and I'd think it'd be mad about that).

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Popped the hood and nothing. Smell went away, super weird that it was there for two days and then gone.

No smoking in my car! HAHA

Reactions: Rivergoer

·
Registered
125 Posts
Popped the hood and nothing. Smell went away, super weird that it was there for two days and then gone.

No smoking in my car! HAHA
My old Volswagen GTI would have a gas odor for a while after a complete fillup, it would eventually dissipate.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Smell is back, and bad now. Car is actually at the dealer as I type this.

Had friends in my car last night and they about suffocated. One ended up with a headache.

Will post what the issue is when I know more.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They have no idea where it's coming from.

So who freaking knows at this point.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're thinking it has something to do with the injectors.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
They're thinking it has something to do with the injectors.
Well the good news is they’re not disputing there’s a problem, that’s often half the battle. Hopefully they’ll get to the bottom of it soon.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the good news is they’re not disputing there’s a problem, that’s often half the battle. Hopefully they’ll get to the bottom of it soon.

They called me back this morning. They want to replace the injector o-rings. $463 dollars and but they are not sure that's the issue. They want to start with that.

I'm taking it back and getting rid of this car.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
They called me back this morning. They want to replace the injector o-rings. $463 dollars and but they are not sure that's the issue. They want to start with that.

I'm taking it back and getting rid of this car.
Bummer, are you gonna get another one or are you done with the Cruze?

·
17,486 Posts
Before you get rid of it, take a wrench and tighten down your spark plugs, tighten down the fuel rail, and see if you see the hose to the EVAP purge valve (canister sitting on top of the intake manifold) cracked. It could potentially save you a lot of $ for something stupid.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. Nope, I'll be done with the Cruze. Got an appt. tommorrow morning looking at a gently used lease car from an old man 2013 Volvo S60 T5.

I'll check that out J. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Thanks guys. Nope, I'll be done with the Cruze. Got an appt. tommorrow morning looking at a gently used lease car from an old man 2013 Volvo S60 T5.

Hope your not leaving here too? How many problems have you had with the cruze?

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hope your not leaving here too? How many problems have you had with the cruze?
Just take a look at my build thread, lol, I'm not going to complain about it anymore because it'd already been done in that thread...

No, I don't plan to leave here. I got a job to do and Lordstown meets to attend!

Plus aggravate @Tomko

lol

·
17,486 Posts

I will never touch another Volvo. I loved mine, and we still have it in the family - but it's been a steaming (often, actually) heap of crap. I can't remember what year they switched to the Drive-E engines for the S60, but if that's still a 5-cylinder, the growl and power on tap is addicting.

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will never touch another Volvo. I loved mine, and we still have it in the family - but it's been a steaming (often, actually) heap of crap. I can't remember what year they switched to the Drive-E engines for the S60, but if that's still a 5-cylinder, the growl and power on tap is addicting.
Haha, I wonder if you bought that one similar to my Cruze...a lemon...everyone I talk to says their pretty bulletproof.

Of course, everyone I talk too about the Cruze too has had no where near the problems I have had.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts