Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Had her in the dealer, they cleaned some oil that spilled onto the transmission from the last oil change but other than that they said they couldn't find the smell and said it's likely nothing to worry about which I agree with since I haven't smelled it since and there is no check engine light

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I smell a bit of an oil smell. My dealership says they don't smell it. At first I thought it was just me. My friend smelled it too mine isca 2011 lt
:question:

yosmitesam,
I would be happy to look into this for you. I would just need you to send me a PM with your name, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer. Either way, please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

·
5,722 Posts
Had her in the dealer, they cleaned some oil that spilled onto the transmission from the last oil change but other than that they said they couldn't find the smell and said it's likely nothing to worry about which I agree with since I haven't smelled it since and there is no check engine light

Ben Jammin,
Thank you for the update. I am happy to hear that you are not experiencing this issue. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem but mine smells like gas thru the vents all the time! Have took it to the Chevy Dealer and they cant find where it is coming from. Its bad when my wife has to roll down the window in our new car due to the gas smell. Couldn't even sell the car if I wanted... Only got 59,000 miles on it! would expect it from a car that has over 200,000 on it... Smell has been getting worse, I have to go on a 4 day trip next week and not looking forward to the gas smell drive... May just have to rent a car. :(

·
Administrator
25,107 Posts
I have the same problem but mine smells like gas thru the vents all the time! Have took it to the Chevy Dealer and they cant find where it is coming from. Its bad when my wife has to roll down the window in our new car due to the gas smell. Couldn't even sell the car if I wanted... Only got 59,000 miles on it! would expect it from a car that has over 200,000 on it... Smell has been getting worse, I have to go on a 4 day trip next week and not looking forward to the gas smell drive... May just have to rent a car. :(
You implied your dealership could smell it as well? If this is correct, open a case with GM and take it back to the dealership. If they couldn't smell it - many techs get so bombarded with smells they lose their sense of smell - I still recommend opening a case with GM and then finding a different dealership.

·
5,722 Posts

BBolding,
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your Cruze. I do understand your concerns as well as frustrations with this. Have you been in contact with customer service in regards to this? Can you please send me a PM with your name and VIN? I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you,

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have the same issue. It stinks up the whole garage after I leave it for a while as well as coming through the vents when I start up.

There is a thread on this
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/9-chevrolet-cruze-general-discussion-forum/3721-gas-smell-restart.html

One of the posts says he had to get his evap canister replaced.

I need to take mine in to the dealer... Not looking forward to that...
Took mine into the dealer but they didn't find anything. In fact, there was no gasoline smell that day. The smell was really bad the day before so I thought it was a good time to take it in.

Might be ambient temperature related. Hopefully, I'll be in a position where i can take it in as soon as the smell gets bad next time. Otherwise, I'll be chasing this forever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 Chevy Cruze. Same issue, not covered under warranty. So pissed 2k later. Ridiculous, new car and still making payments.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts