Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on a equinox I had in my shop they had a different color backlight including the dic. It was all red. I was wondering if it's just a bulbs you have to change to do this? I know all the dashes in the cruze has a teal kinda color. But I want lime green lol. Is this actually possible or will the dic always be teal?

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
I know Opels have commie red DICs. As far as I know they are the only ones with the red.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's backlit with LEDs. You'd probably have to open up the module and replace them. Since they're not expected to be needing to be replaced, it won't be as easy as changing the bulbs in a 80's car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I expect the teardown to be harder then my older cars but I am more interested in if it's just a unplug bulb plug new in type of backlight or if its more of a non changeable thing

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. I always thought that these were not LED bulbs. I thought these were an LCD screen somewhat like a TV therefor not be able to just simply change a bulb color.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
You guys find out what it is and if it can be changed, let us all know. I am sure you and I aren't the only ones interested, but if able, I do want mine changed.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts