Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The interest was sparked up in my previous thread about the recent Aero kit I got from Aero Flow Dynamics, about having them make a custom engine shield to replace our hacked up stock one. However, at this current point in time they want to know how interested the Cruze community would be in purchasing an engine shield, before they go all gung ho and fabricate one. This is, case in point, the reason for this thread, as I will link it to the Aero Flow guys if enough interest is there.

Now lets talk specifics...

Engine Shield Specs:
- Solid Sheet Aluminum
- Powder Coated Gloss Black
- Mounting Hardware

EDIT: Added Specs
- Oval/Circular cut outs for drain plugs

As for the shield itself, we're treading on "sketchy" water due to the recall that hacked out stock shields in half. If you do all your oil changes yourself, then you have no worries, however if you still rely on your dealership, they will yell at you. Whether or not they will continue with the oil change, try and hack your shield, or downright refuse service; thats on you for knowingly installing the aftermarket shield.

However, for all you guys out in the Midwest, East Coast, or Canada; I know you all are hurting to have a shield in the winter. And that alone, is what will make this shield a reality, if enough of you are ready and willing to pay.

So, enough talking, who would not just be interested, but willing to purchase right away? (Think roughly 2-4 weeks from decision to final product)

Give me a Shield! List:
1. Merc6
2. Spacedout
3. Scott
4. Vetterin
5. Obermd (**)
6. Nicholas
7. VictoryRedLTRS
8. iTz SADISTIK
9. CHEVYCRUZE RS
10. mikeeitup
11. GRIMland
12. nybble
13. Calintz

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I would be very interested in this shield, though it would need to be trimmed slightly around the engine more than the standard unhacked one that came with my cruze.

More specifically near the oil drain plug the shield was much to close, if one did not remove oil filter or have dip stick out, ill cap open to release pressure the oil would glug/pulse onto the shield when draining.

Might also need to be trimmed a bit more in the front of engine below oil fill, so if one spills if could drain down without laying on the shield. I suspect this is where the real issue lay with the original, as the oil would be laying near the hot turbo/exhaust pipe at this point.

·
10,713 Posts
Anything is better than goatsee at this point. You can have it snake the downpipe path and possibly an open oval for the engine oil drain plug.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If its for the front splitter thing, i need one but am low on cash right now :(

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am so on the list for the shield. Already killed a coil pack and the 2nd one looks like it's headed in the same direction.
Added, also there's no need for two identical lists.

I would be very interested in this shield, though it would need to be trimmed slightly around the engine more than the standard unhacked one that came with my cruze.

More specifically near the oil drain plug the shield was much to close, if one did not remove oil filter or have dip stick out, ill cap open to release pressure the oil would glug/pulse onto the shield when draining.

Might also need to be trimmed a bit more in the front of engine below oil fill, so if one spills if could drain down without laying on the shield. I suspect this is where the real issue lay with the original, as the oil would be laying near the hot turbo/exhaust pipe at this point.
Now this is why we have a gauging interest thread, so everyone's comments can be addressed before I go to them and have something made. I think that the best idea would be an oval/circle cut out for both the oil drain and the transmission drain. Biggest question would be how far apart those are between the 1.8L and the 1.4T.

If its for the front splitter thing, i need one but am low on cash right now :(
It would be separate from the front splitter, but made out of the same material.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Depends on price and the trim aways from the oil drain as well as no blocks on fluid drainage.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
I'm definately interested, however I have a feeling that powder coated aluminum might end up costing more than I want to spend. Have any $ estimates been discussed yet?

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm definately interested, however I have a feeling that powder coated aluminum might end up costing more than I want to spend. Have any $ estimates been discussed yet?
No estimates have been discussed yet, however I see it falling close to 300 like for the splitter. Don't quote me on it, but based off of materials for the size of the front splitter, I'm pretty sure thats a good ballpark. And they have a hook up for powder coating that does it for dirt cheap due to sheer size of repeat business since they go through one shop for every piece they do.

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would be down to buy, great idea. Has that wind splitter gone through with production yet? Jw
Yes, it is ready for purchase right now. But they only have the template for the non RS bumper atm.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Add me in !!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
That's Nice to know we now can buy an Official Smurfboard for underneath the cruzen .
I love IT when plans come together to fill some pockets ..

·
10,713 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts