Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been looking for a way to get bluetooth in my car that is integrated, but doesn’t cost a fortune to have a shop install a custom setup. I found Bluestar 2010 which replaces the Onstar module and lets you use all the onstar equipment like the microphone and steering wheel or mirror buttons. The unit is $279 total with no other monthly fees like onstar. The only funtionality issue seems to be if you have a compass in the mirror, then the compass won't work.

I spoke with Chris from Costar tech who said that if we can get 10 people to buy, the price goes down to $225 total. I found a picture of the location of the onstar module. It is right behind the glovebox.

Here is a link to their website: costartech.com - BlueSTAR

Here is a link to a review:
Hands On: BlueSTAR 2010 Bluetooth Connectivity For Your OnStar

If anyone is interested just reply or PM me. I will update this thread with the usernames of the people who want to buy.

1. Bladeofanduril

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm confused. Why would you need this when the Cruze does have a bluetooth system (including steering wheel buttons), even without Onstar being utilized.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm confused. Why would you need this when the Cruze does have a bluetooth system (including steering wheel buttons), even without Onstar being utilized.
Its for people who don't have bluetooth. I have the LS and bluetooth did not come with it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm interested. Put me down for one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
99 Posts
Would anyone know if the Onstar wiring would be in the car even though the car is a fleet car with no Onstar module? Any way to find out short of taking the dash apart?
Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's probably not worth it. I have the LS paid for the connectivity package. Nobody can ever hear me. I don't know if its because I'm short or what. My friend has a lt and it has the same issue. Everyone complains so much I just use my $50 dollar Motorola Bluetooth.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Sorry. I thought all Cruzes came with bluetooth.
I think all the 2012 Cruzes come with bluetooth. It was an option on the 2011 models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I am interested in purchasing the Bluestar kit and am struggling to access the unit. I was able to get the glovebox out and unscrew a few units but the large plastic piece that covers the onstar module I was unable to remove. Has anyone succesfully gotten to the Onstar Module in a 2011 Cruze LT? Any help as to how would be much appreciated!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts