Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,
We are in talks with Stainless Works about making an exhaust for the 1.4L Cruze(yes a 1.8L model will follow). After much thought of making our own, we decided to talk with Stainless Works for a quality exhaust and they are interested.
Here is a link to the shop video about Stainless Works: StainlessWorks

Stainless Works needs 10 buyers to get this exhaust into production, the car has been looked and the ideas were flowing. First off, the exhaust for the 1.4L will be 2.5" Diameter, 304 stainless steel, all cnc mandrel bent and one of the best warranties in the industry, designed and made right here in the USA. Two designs were brought up instantly.

1: Single outlet exhaust in the stock location, Stainless Works will design a template so you can easily trim the bumper and they will include a bumper trim peice as they do with other products, this would give us a nice polished SS tip being set to tuck up nice in the bumper, no muffler hanging down.

2: Dual Outlet Exhaust, one tip being in the stock location and one tip being opposite. Again, a template would be included to trim both sides and a bumper trim peice would be included for both sections. Again, no muffler will be hanging down. Now, we understand this is a small 4 cylinder motor, the exhaust would be designed to be dual only for the rear section of the exhaust.

RS Owners will most likely get a turndown or turndowns to clear the body kit unless you plan on cutting through the bumper.

This exhaust will be designed for the Turbo Model, it will be designed to maximize power and economy, they will be taking our car for 2 weeks for multiple test fitments. Once the final design is done, manufacturing time for the Group Buy consumers is very short, the faster we get 10 dedicated consumers, the faster they are made. We will be trying to get a price for the Group Buy within the next day or two. The order will be placed through Insane Speed Motorsports.

Stainless Works makes an outstanding exhaust for the Cobalt, the price for ours will be about the same, between $650 to $700, may be a little higher or lower depending on the style chosen and other factors. Personally, we are leaning towards the single outlet design.

We will be fowarding this Group Buy to Stainless Works, so please ask questions, I will post the answers or Stainless Works may directly post them here.

Depending on response, the group buy consumers will get a 10 to 15% discount. This is an opportunity we cannot pass up, Stainless Works is a top notch, ALL-American company that has done this very style of first ordering by Group Buy that has done so much to the Automotive World, including the Crown Vic long tube headers no other company wanted to touch.

Thanks everyone,
Steve
Insane Speed Motorsports

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
LOOKS LIKE A VERY NICE COMPANY! I personally would like to hear what it will sound like before i jump. The last thing i want is a car that sounds like a 17 year old flying down the street sounding like a lawnmower!!

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Sounds good, thanks Steve :)

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
LOOKS LIKE A VERY NICE COMPANY! I personally would like to hear what it will sound like before i jump. The last thing i want is a car that sounds like a 17 year old flying down the street sounding like a lawnmower!!

This is my BIGGEST concern too...I refuse to become what I ridicule!:sigh:

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
I'm going to follow suit with this, however, I would most likely be in If we can get the group buy in action- It might be a good argument point with the wifey, lol. 'But I'm getting a good discount!' That's usually her reasoning for buying stuff, hahaha...

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm going to follow suit with this, however, I would most likely be in If we can get the group buy in action- It might be a good argument point with the wifey, lol. 'But I'm getting a good discount!' That's usually her reasoning for buying stuff, hahaha...
x3. Especially for the same price or close to as a Borla
Id like to see the gains and pics of the system before I jump sorry!

·
Supporting Vendor
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We knew going this route would be hard, we have heard many products from SW, they do not leave until it is perfect. The cobalt SS exhaust is amazing, look it up on YouTube, the sound is nice and low all the way through. Being a turbo car, the sound is muffled a lot already. If we get enough intrest, we might be able to get one made pre-hand. After hearing the new magnaflow(which is not coming out until late fall or early spring according to them) and finding out it's only a 2.25", we definatley want this to happen.
Later,
Steve

·
Registered
116 Posts
Don't just jump

Yea I used to drive an 05 lifted silverado n used to laugh at all the kids putting these coffee can exhaust systems on that sound like angry weed eaters give me a good sound profile n pics/ specs on gains n il bite

·
Banned
496 Posts
Why are all these exhaust systems soooooooo much money!?!? I just can't see myself spending that much money for an exhaust. Plus my wife would probably kill me! She doesn't know I have spent $2k in the last week alone on the Cruze!!!

·
Supporting Vendor
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The cost has a lot to do with hours for R&D, cost of materials, man power, etc.
Remember, this exhaust will be 304 Stainless steel, the cost of SS in expensive. Also, remember, this is a USA made exhaust, not a Chinese knock off brand. When you are considering costs, you have to think of the old saying "you get what you pay for." With Stainless Works, you get a heavy duty exhaust setup for a lifetime of use out of your car, welds that do not rust or break, hangers that do not bend out of shape over time and no leaks. When you look on eBay, you see all the exhaust manufacturers that sell 304 SS exhausts for cheap, but you don't realize that at any time they will fall apart, we know, we have seen it a bunch of times, horrible welds, thin guage tubing that bends and dings easily and usually has high carbon content and starts getting rust spots along welds and flanges.
Later
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Stainless works does really nice work, I had their headers/exhaust on my T/A for awhile

·
Supporting Vendor
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I recieved an email from Anthony at SW, they are thinking of designs and sent me some ideas with some awseome muffler technology to combat the high 4cyl noise.
Here is a pic of the unit from another car they could design for the Cruze.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
If I could get dual tips like that for both driver and passenger side, I'd be all over it. I'll be pairing this system with the ZZP o2 Housing and Mid Pipe, so it should sound great. I gotta say, though, I was expecting two exits from the muffler and having both driver and passenger, and hopefully a resonator delete... Let me see if I can photoshop up a design I was seeing in my head. Thanks, Steve!

-Boats

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
I took some parts from around the net and made a little mock-up, let me know what you think?

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Chambered exhaust on a 4cyl should be interesting. They are not known for being quiet. I love the way they sound but I'd want at least an audio clip beofre I'd commit. Def interested

·
Registered
228 Posts
I took some parts from around the net and made a little mock-up, let me know what you think?

I would be all over a system like that if we could get a sound clip first (start up, idle, casual driving and aggressive driving would be a great collection of sounds).

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
I'm definitely interested. Some of us on this forum might just go broke buying all the goodies that InsaneSpeed has to offer us Cruze owners.
Yeah, I'm working on it. lol. Steve just wont let us be, hehehe.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts