Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You will notice that a new "Gearhead" badge has been given to a few people on this board. This badge is given to members who have actively proven technical aptitude, expertise, and a willingness to help others. They are voted on by the staff, and all new members will be voted on by current Gearheads before being given the title.

Gearheads are authorities on technical matters on CruzeTalk. The badge is not given lightly, so if you see someone with such a badge, it's safe to assume that they know what they're talking about whenever they speak up. You can go to them for help and advice, but don't forget to thank them for their contribution. It takes a high level of character to selflessly offer your expertise and knowledge to others for the greater good, and this is our way of acknowledging and showing appreciation for that effort.

Our current gearheads are:
Myself
obermd
sciphi
OnlyTaurus
Hoon
titan2782

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Congrats Gearheads! Keep up the great work here.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
it's safe to assume that they know what they're talking about whenever they speak up.
This is what I keep telling my wife, but she doesn't believe me. Going to use this as proof! :D

·
Administrator
25,484 Posts
Thanks - I wouldn't have expected a Gearhead tag. I know relatively little about cars but understand systems and can synthesize what others have done into a coherent whole. Heck, when I started here I wasn't even aware what octane differences did to the gas.

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - I wouldn't have expected a Gearhead tag. I know relatively little about cars but understand systems and can synthesize what others have done into a coherent whole. Heck, when I started here I wasn't even aware what octane differences did to the gas.
That high level understanding is far more valuable than knowing the differences between octane. You are more apt to understand why things work instead of simply the fact that they do, which in my mind deserves a Gearhead tag.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
So how does one get the given GEARHEAD tag? I could proove to be a gear head I suppose.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Congratulations to the New Gear Heads

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So how does one get the given GEARHEAD tag? I could proove to be a gear head I suppose.
The CruzeTalk staff and Gearheads can recommend a particular member to be added to the Gearhead group, and we discuss it behind the scenes. It's not something we take too lightly. We are currently discussing requirements in a hidden section as it seems this group has gained quite a bit of interest.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Id like to think most here are gearheads that are concerned about there cruze.

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Id like to think most here are gearheads that are concerned about there cruze.
Gearheads by definition would be concerned about their Cruze, but the "Gearhead" group is not a generic CruzeTalk group. See my initial post, where I defined what a Gearhead title on this forum means.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
What's the process for members to become official gearheads? Do current gearheads nominate and vote on potential new candidates, like a fraternity making bids to potential new recruits? Does one ask to join based on their contribution history and then have it voted on by current gearheads?

·
Administrator
25,484 Posts
What's the process for members to become official gearheads? Do current gearheads nominate and vote on potential new candidates, like a fraternity making bids to potential new recruits? Does one ask to join based on their contribution history and then have it voted on by current gearheads?
Sunline has a really good question here? I'm thinking to answer that we're still working on this question. I also think that any member should be able to PM any of us and nominate someone for Gearhead status.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I am completely thankful for all members input in this forum! Special thanks to all of our elected Gearheads!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,271 Posts
First ? what is the square root of 64 what is causing these trouble codes popping up on our DIC when starting cold gear head up .....

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Awesome! Thanks XR :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts