Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I’m not with a gen 1 14 L turbo Cruze of recent I had a front cover gasket and valve cover replaced.

I noticed my engine running at a high temperate and of course my DIC coolant temp feature is blank. So today I had to drive about 80 Miles round trip and the engine overheated. I had not ECU readings causing a concern prior just checked it before I drive bc autozone is a five minute walk from my house. Anyways the dealer replace the water pump already recall. I’m wondering if it’s a Thermostat issue or a radiator flow issue. I did have the lower under car cooler line change with the valve cover and I cleaned my engine bay on Monday sparkling clean and then coolant thrown all over it today :( last thing when the engine overheated the DIC said overheat engine idoling the. I stopped right then on the highway. So with no proper ecu codes or sensor problems to note why or what would cause such a dangerous over heat and please if you can help identify the problem !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the update !

When you say “burp” what would that process consist of? releasing my reservoir cap or the cap on the radiator?

isn’t the engine coolant lines & water outlet pressurized just wondering if they should be?

Also dealer said that the car drives fine no overheat at the moment nothing damaged additional from Friday the 13ths mishap. So I’m gonna buy and replace myself they wanted 341$ I can fix for 100$

Would Duralast for the thermostat or should I buy/go ACDelco and Rock auto they have the same specs.

Thermostat

Engine coolant water
-outlethttps://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/acdelco-engine-coolant-water-outlet-15-11105/11930337-p

·
Super Moderator
6,636 Posts
Thanks for the update !

When you say “burp” what would that process consist of? releasing my reservoir cap or the cap on the radiator?
Open the cap, squeeze the hose a bit to try and get any air out. More will bubble up later. This only needs to be done when you change coolant or after a loss and you add some.

It would help if we knew more about your vehicle, year model, mileage, country etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What’s the torque setting Lbs and the size I would use for this repair on the thermostat when bolting back in ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
71 lbs is what I found on an additional thread. Can anyone confirm ? Also what about the sensor that connects to the thermostat I need the part number on this to ensure it’s new and works.

·
Registered
460 Posts
71 lbs is what I found on an additional thread. Can anyone confirm ? Also what about the sensor that connects to the thermostat I need the part number on this to ensure it’s new and works.
I see 71 inch-pounds for the thermostat housing (Chiltons).

For the sensor, I get GM p/n 55591002, but the sources I was checking weren't all consistent on the location. So maybe wait for someone else to confirm that.

Edit: Checking some more, I get this:
o 55591401 is for the sensor at the thermostat
o 55591002 is for the sensor at the radiator
But you may still want to see if anyone else rings in on this.

Doug

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reference those sensors are tricky. The locations are helpful too different stops for LT LS Etc. I have a LT2. I actually need was hoping to get the ECU connection sensor or plug in that in M.A.P controlled on the thermostat I don’t have the car in front of me to see that part number. When I do I will update. Unless anyone can find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts