Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a blowout at 47k and had to have a tire replaced. I ordered three new tires from discount tire and they are $98 plus tax and installation, pretty good price. I have been pretty pleased with original tires. Had I not had a blow out could have gotten more miles, but I never run down to far anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
[h=2]Link and details on Chevy tire offer:
Current Chevrolet Tire Coupons and Offers | Chevrolet Certified Service
Get up to $200 Back on Tires[/h]

[h=3]Up to $100 Mail-in Rebate on a set of four tires:[/h]

$100 Mail-in Rebate[SUP]†[/SUP] on Bridgestone, Continental, Goodyear, Hankook, and Pirelli

$70 Mail-in Rebate[SUP]†[/SUP] on BFGoodrich and Michelin

$50 Mail-in Rebate[SUP]†[/SUP] on Dunlop, Firestone, and General

$40 Mail-in Rebate[SUP]†[/SUP] on Uniroyal

[h=3]Plus up to $100 Statement Credit:[/h]

Get instantly approved[SUP]†[/SUP] when you apply for a BuyPower Card® at your dealership. You could qualify for a one-time statement credit in the amount of your first dealership purchase, up to $100.[SUP]†[/SUP]

·
Registered
314 Posts
I had a blowout at 47k and had to have a tire replaced. I ordered three new tires from discount tire and they are $98 plus tax and installation, pretty good price. I have been pretty pleased with original tires. Had I not had a blow out could have gotten more miles, but I never run down to far anyways.
I just pulled them up and it’s showning me a price of $131.30 each, 525.20 for a set of 4.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just pulled them up and it’s showning me a price of $131.30 each, 525.20 for a set of 4.
For some reason they have like two or three different compounds and one had GM at the end as though GM had requested a special low resistance compound or something, maybe it was a blow out of older inventory local. I dunno.

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
now thats a good deal. i figure maybe its been sitting on the shelf so long they are happy to recoup cost. i liked them for comfort but im defiantly going to a ultra high performance summer tire. sooo much horrible understeer, and worn out side walls for me.

·
Registered
594 Posts
My set came in today, requested the local discount to get a set of 4 in for me. Should get them put on tomorrow morning. Car has 60K, no flats and would have gone farther but what appears to be a minor toe out condition wore the inner tread out. Rotated every 5K miles.
$512 out the door.

Reactions: IndyDiesel

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well the wife hit the curb and blew out front and rear passenger side tires two days ago. I remembered this thread and made an appointment with Discount Tire. Sure enough they are $98.00 each plus two rebates. One from Discount Tire for $75.00 Black Friday special, and one from Goodyear for $40.00.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well the wife hit the curb and blew out front and rear passenger side tires two days ago. I remembered this thread and made an appointment with Discount Tire. Sure enough they are $98.00 each plus two rebates. One from Discount Tire for $75.00 Black Friday special, and one from Goodyear for $40.00.
Sweet deal

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I got my set at Discount tire. I had a couple extra diesel Oem wheels, so the tire I just replaced 3200 miles ago I kept for a spare. Gave them two extra wheels, I had one wheel with a scuff so I will sell that on eBay. My price was 492 out the door. I had Discount Tire rebates of $75 and $60; plus $40 for Goodyear rebate. So after several weeks my price $317 for a new set of tires. I had only planned on buying three tires but they changed the part number and looked a little different plus 175 in rebates for four vs no rebate for 3 only made sense. I am not a fan of rebates but in this case it works well.

The extra $60 discount tire rebate is I put on their credit card, will just pay it off when I get the bill in a couple weeks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts