Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched high and low in the manual and it shows we don’t have tow points or hooks. I do recall it saying to not tow the car back out by it’s rear axle. My 16 spark LS has a massive front tow hook yet my higher trim diesel doesn’t?

I’m glad I got my tow hitch put in place in case I need a tow but WTF GM.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
thats one reason i got a hitch, in case im in a snow bank....ive got stuck twice in my driveway and needed a yank

also got a big j hook so i can grab it from the front end, if thats whats exposed

hitch came in handy with my no start due to probable gelling, was able to drag it into the heated shop easily

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats one reason i got a hitch, in case im in a snow bank....ive got stuck twice in my driveway and needed a yank

also got a big j hook so i can grab it from the front end, if thats whats exposed

hitch came in handy with my no start due to probable gelling, was able to drag it into the heated shop easily
Yah I could get a hook under the front but would it have killed GM to do the threading into the low speed crash beam with the tow hook screw in.

Reactions: boraz

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,409 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,409 Posts
But will it work on my 15 diesel and does the frame have the threads?
It was kind of a joke, but it is actually possible, but will cost a lot of at least effort and a medium amount of money. You also need the front fascia from a Korean built Cruze, pictures and measurements from any that has the option in order to drill and tap the hole in the correct spot. Then you will need the attachment.

Holden Front Bumper - 95474495
Holden Bumper Tow Point Cover - 95971871

1 - 7 of 7 Posts