Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Gen 1 Tuning Comparision Thread

20281 Views 112 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Jimster480
I have been seeing a lot of questions lately among members about the various tuning options available for the Cruze. I'm creating this thread to aid those who are trying to make the decision of whether or not to tune their Cruze AND if they decide to tune it, which option they want to go with. If you wish to post in this thread, please only post about YOUR OWN experience with a particular tuning service or personal tuning experience.

In your post, please include the following information:

Vehicle Year, Make, Model, Trim
Engine Size with RPO code (if you know it)
Transmission Type (automatic/manual)
Vehicle Modifications (if any)
Name of Tuner/Tuning Software
Review of YOUR OWN experience with the Tuner/Tuning Software
Cost for Tuning
Dyno Sheet (If you have one) OR Screenshot of power numbers

I hope this thread is helpful.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,129 Posts
Just to confirm, you only made 135 or so HP with trifecta tune? I have to be reading something wrong... On 8/31 graph.
That's what I'm seeing, though it's also worth noting that is a Mustang dyno, which are notoriously pessimistic.

Reactions: Blasirl

· COTM Winner
7,129 Posts
I mean, as long as it stayed in the same gear (which it did), it doesn't really change, as long as it was adjusted correctly to the gear used.

· COTM Winner
7,129 Posts
ZZPerformance said:
This product is designed, machined, inspected and assembled in house at ZZPerformance in Wyoming, MI. Castings are made by ZZP China.
I'm going to go ahead and say this is how the V3 is produced, given it is listed on the site. Chinese casting, but ZZP does all the rest of the work, so...

Given the massive quality increase in Chinese housings in recent years, and the fact all the critical processes are done at ZZP, I'd say it's a nonissue.

Reactions: JLL and Thebigzeus
1 - 3 of 3 Posts