Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Vendor
1,045 Posts
I said there were no independent sheets showing over 200WHP from the V3, zzp's website does have a sheet showing it, but that same dyno also says a stock 1.4T with the stock tune will make 155WHP. So take that into consideration. I have no problem providing independent dyno sheets, I have several from several different customers across the US. These sheets are the best I can get for anyone as they are from the same dynojet dyno, which is located in Kentucky (BNR is in south Florida and has a dynocom dyno).

That is stock vs. tuned on 93 octane.

Here is after he added a BNR wastegate actuator, still stock turbo, Still 93 Octane.

And here is the same car, same dyno, 93 octane, GTX250 @ 22psi of boost

Here is 25psi of boost, still 93 octane

· Vendor
1,045 Posts
Here's another one from facebook-

"
Well this is pretty much it for zzp v3 maxed out
60lb injectors
E85
Mpfab CAI
Zzp Downpipe
Ported intake
Zzp cam
72 lb valve springs
Zzp wastegate
Racerx front intercooler

A bit disappointed considering they posted 230 hp and tq on their dyno run, not exactly sure what the difference would be from mine "

· Vendor
1,045 Posts
ZZP's turbo is made in china by a company called dandong-geerin turbocharger, they sell OEM replacement turbochargers for the cruze/sonic on alibaba/aliexpress for $130-$200 depending on QTY. Assume zzp pays MAYBE double that cost for the v3? Either way, BNR is using genuine garret turbos from garret turbocharger at a cost of $500-600 per core, then we have to do the work of machining it and paying for the wheels, etc. It literally wouldn't be worth our time or effort to bother selling these turbos if we sold them for $1200-1300.

There was a 3rd stock turbo upgrade available from Vermont Tuning for a while that was called the Super GT14, and it was like $1000 with a cast compressor wheel, no turbine upgrade, and it was built from used junkyard turbos. It'd be next to impossible to sell a GTX250 using a brand new turbo base for $1200. Now if we did the same as zzp and went to china for cores, then we could sling GTX250s for $1200 or even $1000 all day, just like zzp does. But then we'd be dealing with the same thing they are dealing with right now, my current count of V3s that have destroyed themselves in the last 30 days is currently up to 6. And most of them were not BNR tuned, so it's not our tuning killing them.

· Vendor
1,045 Posts
Glad you posted that video, it really highlights what kind of gains you can expect from their tunes. I'd like to follow it up with what you can expect from a BNR tune.

ZZP Tune: +17HP +39TQ
BNR Tune: +56HP +101TQ

Dyno sheet from an actual customer car from Kentucky (we're in Florida) attached
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

· Vendor
1,045 Posts
Does this require 93 Octane though?

I am looking for the best tune I can get that lets me still run regular if I need to or just by default use E15 (UNL88) or midgrade. I don't want to have a fuel requirement though. I underestand more power would be available with better gas but I just don't want to be restricted to it. I already have 4 cars that run premium only.... so this and my truck are the only ones that run regular.
BNR can tune for whatever fuel you want to use. Higher octane will obviously mean more power, but we can definitely tune for lower grade fuels.

· Vendor
1,045 Posts
Sounds good!

Is the tune done remote or is it a map file that is sent to me? Since I am looking for gas mileage with slightly more power, I have go fast cars like a Chevy SS Sedan... this one is the vehicle we drive to save gas on regular trips across the state. I've gotten 33.5mpg with E15/UNL88, NGK Ruthenium HX, MSD Ignition coil pack, K&N Drop in filter.
I looked at your site as well as trifecta and both of you guys have similar little boxes to write in. Is that the only place or is there a number to call or email where I can send details?

Edit: Saw that you mentioned in another thread that you can do 2-3 mpg better than stock at part throttle with more power at WOT even without Premium?

It's done remotely via email. We can definitely do an eco focused tune for you that will get better MPG than stock while making more power at WOT. Hard to say how much power as that will depend on the fuel quality. But more than stock for sure.

· Vendor
1,045 Posts
Cool so do I just order on the site to get started? I see you guys need to mail me a tuning device. I have a diablosport v3 that I used with my SS before and it has a open license, do you guys support that or only HPT + your own unit?
Yeah just order on the site. We can use the diablo i3, but they dont record boost and a few other parameters, so the tune will be a more mild tune

· Vendor
1,045 Posts
Yep my car has a manual. Does the RTD only work on manual? Can it be used for data logging and stuff after tuning?
You have to flash the auto trans using a laptop, the app doesnt support that controller. But the engine controller is supported with the bluetooth app. You can data log using the bluetooth app OR you can hook up your laptop to log. Either way.

· Vendor
1,045 Posts
Ah, that's awesome. Will definitely go for that then.
Going to order in an hour or two, I wanted to confirm the vin on the ecu before I ordered. Wife just got back yesterday.
How long does stuff you normally take to arrive? Do you think I'll have it for next Monday? Since this weekend I'm going to take a trip and then my wife will be taking a trip next week
If you order tonight it will ship tomorrow or the next day, usually takes 2-3 business days anywhere in the USA to get there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts