Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Gen 1 Tuning Comparision Thread

20120 Views 112 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Jimster480
I have been seeing a lot of questions lately among members about the various tuning options available for the Cruze. I'm creating this thread to aid those who are trying to make the decision of whether or not to tune their Cruze AND if they decide to tune it, which option they want to go with. If you wish to post in this thread, please only post about YOUR OWN experience with a particular tuning service or personal tuning experience.

In your post, please include the following information:

Vehicle Year, Make, Model, Trim
Engine Size with RPO code (if you know it)
Transmission Type (automatic/manual)
Vehicle Modifications (if any)
Name of Tuner/Tuning Software
Review of YOUR OWN experience with the Tuner/Tuning Software
Cost for Tuning
Dyno Sheet (If you have one) OR Screenshot of power numbers

I hope this thread is helpful.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Trifecta tune
2012 eco 1.4L
Automatic

I was first just planning on getting their canned tune and not doing any upgrades. After the tune I wasn’t really satisfied and wanted more power. I paid the $180 to upgrade to their elite tune then got started on my mods. Downpipe, wastegate actuator, coil pack, and intake. Trifecta is great with their response times (usually a couple days). Don’t have dyno sheets but based off my MAF readings I peaked 185 whp or 220 at the crank. I asked for an aggressive tune but I’m not sure if that would change anything. My peak boost is 22 and it holds it all the way to redline.

Forgot to mention but I got a best 0-60 time of 6.7 seconds. Tested again yesterday but best I could get was 7.3 not sure what changed. Stock I’d get about 9.5 so it’s still a huge improvement.

· Registered
116 Posts
If you can, I would post the calculations you used to get those numbers.
I get a maf reading in grams, and multiply it by 1.25 which gives me the horsepower at the wheels. I get about 140-145 g/s depending on the run but it adds up to 175-180 whp. I even asked trifecta for how much power I’m making based on the data logs and I got the same numbers. Not sure how accurate this calculation is but I’ve read it should be pretty close to a dyno.

· Registered
116 Posts
I said there were no independent sheets showing over 200WHP from the V3, zzp's website does have a sheet showing it, but that same dyno also says a stock 1.4T with the stock tune will make 155WHP. So take that into consideration. I have no problem providing independent dyno sheets, I have several from several different customers across the US. These sheets are the best I can get for anyone as they are from the same dynojet dyno, which is located in Kentucky (BNR is in south Florida and has a dynocom dyno).

View attachment 293714

That is stock vs. tuned on 93 octane.

Here is after he added a BNR wastegate actuator, still stock turbo, Still 93 Octane.

View attachment 293716

And here is the same car, same dyno, 93 octane, GTX250 @ 22psi of boost

View attachment 293717

Here is 25psi of boost, still 93 octane

View attachment 293718
I have trifecta on a 2012 running E85 with a couple bolt ons and they said I should be at roughly 190-200 whp, shouldn’t It be higher since that dyno shows 187 whp on 93? Stock turbo btw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts