Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Gen 1 Tuning Comparision Thread

20028 Views 112 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Jimster480
I have been seeing a lot of questions lately among members about the various tuning options available for the Cruze. I'm creating this thread to aid those who are trying to make the decision of whether or not to tune their Cruze AND if they decide to tune it, which option they want to go with. If you wish to post in this thread, please only post about YOUR OWN experience with a particular tuning service or personal tuning experience.

In your post, please include the following information:

Vehicle Year, Make, Model, Trim
Engine Size with RPO code (if you know it)
Transmission Type (automatic/manual)
Vehicle Modifications (if any)
Name of Tuner/Tuning Software
Review of YOUR OWN experience with the Tuner/Tuning Software
Cost for Tuning
Dyno Sheet (If you have one) OR Screenshot of power numbers

I hope this thread is helpful.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· COTM Winner
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
896 Posts

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
and no one else with a ZZP tune.....

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
Reactions: Thebigzeus

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
LMAO

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
I found a Dynojet Dyno near me so hopefully I can get a day scheduled to get a dyno run or 2 on mine with the current setup.

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
I love mine .. though I gotta get my catch can together lmao.. I think the oil is pooling around the fitting in the bottom of the intake where the V1 Cruze kit is at and getting pulled in when I let off after a good throttle pull.. I posted on previous page that I had found a Dynojet Dyno near me that I'm going to go try and get some data mainly because I want to know where its at currently

· COTM Winner
896 Posts
ZZP's turbo is made in china by a company called dandong-geerin turbocharger, they sell OEM replacement turbochargers for the cruze/sonic on alibaba/aliexpress for $130-$200 depending on QTY. Assume zzp pays MAYBE double that cost for the v3? Either way, BNR is using genuine garret turbos from garret turbocharger at a cost of $500-600 per core, then we have to do the work of machining it and paying for the wheels, etc. It literally wouldn't be worth our time or effort to bother selling these turbos if we sold them for $1200-1300.

There was a 3rd stock turbo upgrade available from Vermont Tuning for a while that was called the Super GT14, and it was like $1000 with a cast compressor wheel, no turbine upgrade, and it was built from used junkyard turbos. It'd be next to impossible to sell a GTX250 using a brand new turbo base for $1200. Now if we did the same as zzp and went to china for cores, then we could sling GTX250s for $1200 or even $1000 all day, just like zzp does. But then we'd be dealing with the same thing they are dealing with right now, my current count of V3s that have destroyed themselves in the last 30 days is currently up to 6. And most of them were not BNR tuned, so it's not our tuning killing them.
Any links to these failures your refering to ? I'd like some info.

Reactions: MP81
1 - 8 of 8 Posts