Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Glad you posted that video, it really highlights what kind of gains you can expect from their tunes. I'd like to follow it up with what you can expect from a BNR tune.

ZZP Tune: +17HP +39TQ
BNR Tune: +56HP +101TQ

Dyno sheet from an actual customer car from Kentucky (we're in Florida) attached
View attachment 298486
Does this require 93 Octane though?

I am looking for the best tune I can get that lets me still run regular if I need to or just by default use E15 (UNL88) or midgrade. I don't want to have a fuel requirement though. I underestand more power would be available with better gas but I just don't want to be restricted to it. I already have 4 cars that run premium only.... so this and my truck are the only ones that run regular.

·
Vendor
1,043 Posts
Does this require 93 Octane though?

I am looking for the best tune I can get that lets me still run regular if I need to or just by default use E15 (UNL88) or midgrade. I don't want to have a fuel requirement though. I underestand more power would be available with better gas but I just don't want to be restricted to it. I already have 4 cars that run premium only.... so this and my truck are the only ones that run regular.
BNR can tune for whatever fuel you want to use. Higher octane will obviously mean more power, but we can definitely tune for lower grade fuels.

·
Registered
217 Posts
BNR can tune for whatever fuel you want to use. Higher octane will obviously mean more power, but we can definitely tune for lower grade fuels.
Sounds good!

Is the tune done remote or is it a map file that is sent to me? Since I am looking for gas mileage with slightly more power, I have go fast cars like a Chevy SS Sedan... this one is the vehicle we drive to save gas on regular trips across the state. I've gotten 33.5mpg with E15/UNL88, NGK Ruthenium HX, MSD Ignition coil pack, K&N Drop in filter.
I looked at your site as well as trifecta and both of you guys have similar little boxes to write in. Is that the only place or is there a number to call or email where I can send details?

Edit: Saw that you mentioned in another thread that you can do 2-3 mpg better than stock at part throttle with more power at WOT even without Premium?

·
Vendor
1,043 Posts
Sounds good!

Is the tune done remote or is it a map file that is sent to me? Since I am looking for gas mileage with slightly more power, I have go fast cars like a Chevy SS Sedan... this one is the vehicle we drive to save gas on regular trips across the state. I've gotten 33.5mpg with E15/UNL88, NGK Ruthenium HX, MSD Ignition coil pack, K&N Drop in filter.
I looked at your site as well as trifecta and both of you guys have similar little boxes to write in. Is that the only place or is there a number to call or email where I can send details?

Edit: Saw that you mentioned in another thread that you can do 2-3 mpg better than stock at part throttle with more power at WOT even without Premium?

It's done remotely via email. We can definitely do an eco focused tune for you that will get better MPG than stock while making more power at WOT. Hard to say how much power as that will depend on the fuel quality. But more than stock for sure.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It's done remotely via email. We can definitely do an eco focused tune for you that will get better MPG than stock while making more power at WOT. Hard to say how much power as that will depend on the fuel quality. But more than stock for sure.
Cool so do I just order on the site to get started? I see you guys need to mail me a tuning device. I have a diablosport v3 that I used with my SS before and it has a open license, do you guys support that or only HPT + your own unit?

·
Vendor
1,043 Posts
Cool so do I just order on the site to get started? I see you guys need to mail me a tuning device. I have a diablosport v3 that I used with my SS before and it has a open license, do you guys support that or only HPT + your own unit?
Yeah just order on the site. We can use the diablo i3, but they dont record boost and a few other parameters, so the tune will be a more mild tune

·
Vendor
1,043 Posts
Yep my car has a manual. Does the RTD only work on manual? Can it be used for data logging and stuff after tuning?
You have to flash the auto trans using a laptop, the app doesnt support that controller. But the engine controller is supported with the bluetooth app. You can data log using the bluetooth app OR you can hook up your laptop to log. Either way.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you're manual trans we do have the new RTD bluetooth tuners, you use your phone to do all your tuning. Otherwise grab the autocal v3
Ah, that's awesome. Will definitely go for that then.
Going to order in an hour or two, I wanted to confirm the vin on the ecu before I ordered. Wife just got back yesterday.
How long does stuff you normally take to arrive? Do you think I'll have it for next Monday? Since this weekend I'm going to take a trip and then my wife will be taking a trip next week

·
Vendor
1,043 Posts
Ah, that's awesome. Will definitely go for that then.
Going to order in an hour or two, I wanted to confirm the vin on the ecu before I ordered. Wife just got back yesterday.
How long does stuff you normally take to arrive? Do you think I'll have it for next Monday? Since this weekend I'm going to take a trip and then my wife will be taking a trip next week
If you order tonight it will ship tomorrow or the next day, usually takes 2-3 business days anywhere in the USA to get there.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts