Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep an eye on the underside of your car as we are starting to see an upward trend of 2016.5-2017 Cruze's coming in for leaking oil pans. The oil leak is moderate to severe. At this time, there is no "average" mileage of when it happens, but I will keep you updated as time goes on. Keep in mind that there have been no TSB's at this time and that we have only had a few, so don't freak out and panic.

Other people who work at dealers: Ask your service techs if they have noticed this as well and post a reply here.

Here is some pictures of one on the lot just to give you an example. This has been sitting for about 36 hours, it is a 2016 with 27k miles.

Reactions: jmlo96

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wow, that leaks worse than our 03 Town and Country with the 3.8. And that engine is known for oil leaking EVERYWHERE lol.

Reactions: sparkman

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well, if this happens to mine, I hope it's still under the factory warning.
I'm shocked at how many issues so far that have happened, recalled.

Between
1. The light leak, though I showed no evidence of it
2. The seat bracket being replaced
3. The transmitter giving me issues

Hopefully this does not become an issue, hopefully it's only on select few cars

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
Could this be an issue with Diesel as well?
The 1.6TD? Maybe, but so few are out there currently.

Honestly it's not very uncommon to have oil/gasket leaks these days on any make/model of car with the paint-on gasket stuff that is used rather than an actual gasket. Our Toyota had one @ the timing chain cover.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Humor mostly. The first gen 1.4T leaked just about everything.
Well, yeah. And in my case, don't want to live it again. I had a 2011 in my garage for six years and the floor has at least 3 colors of stained into it. I am also hoping that my garage will no longer smell like maple syrup after a 20 minute drive. So far so good at 4K miles on Gen 2.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mine seems fine and it looks like it actually has extra sealent on it compared to picture you show. Are you sure this is not from the recall for the turbo return lines? Its in the same area.

The good thing is this looks simple as can be to fix. Drain oil, remove pan, replace gasket fill back up with oil. I have a little over 12k

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Mine seems fine and it looks like it actually has extra sealent on it compared to picture you show. Are you sure this is not from the recall for the turbo return lines? Its in the same area.

The good thing is this looks simple as can be to fix. Drain oil, remove pan, replace gasket fill back up with oil. I have a little over 12k
Could the pan screws be working loose? Block is aluminum now instead of cast iron.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If I recall reading correctly the GEN2 has both an upper oil pan of aluminum and a bottom one of steel. Is this the bottom one that's leaking?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Went in for my oil change a few weeks ago and they said they fixed a severe oil leak from pan. Never noticed anything.

4 days later I have a massive stain in my brand new driveway and they said they had to fix the pan again, as the sealer they used didn't work properly. Fixed again and now it seems ok.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 2016 chevy cruze 1.4 Lt turbo edition i have come to find that the valve cover does leak a bit nd have noticed that i have drips coming from pan side but also the side where my throttle body is at havnt been able to fully diagnose at my shop helpful tips definatly a need good car just hate that it leaks alot

1 - 18 of 18 Posts