Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat in one and listened to the Bose stereo which is pretty good, much better than the Pioneer in the 1st gen. Have not driven a Gen 2 yet. I was just wondering if there's anybody on the forum that has a Gen 2 yet. Please post your thoughts/.impressions.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
They've switched from pioneer to bose?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep - it's a Bose.

Anyway, I test drove one today, a Premier and I can say that they nailed it. As good as I think the 1st gen Cruze is, they somehow managed to raise the bar. it is quiet and composed on the highway, even moreso than my diesel. The steering feel is spot on. It's got more road feel and feedback than the 1st gen. I have always thought my Cruze drove a lot like an entry luxury car and Chevy has raised the bar even more. I will definitely be buying one when they bring the diesel engine out.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Does the new 1.4T compare at all to the current diesels?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the new 1.4T compare at all to the current diesels?
Even though the new 1.4T has higher horsepower at 153 and the car is lighter, I found it to be sorely lacking in torque. There is no comparison there. I am very spoiled by the diesel torque.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
I think we have one member with a 2nd Gen Cruze.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I haven't driven one, I did sit in a Premier and I liked the car. In the more base versions I just don't find the look appealing at all. I will be driving my 15 Diesel for awhile, only 8500 miles. Can't wait to see the 17 diesel and take one for a drive.

·
2,254 Posts
I drove the LS one I video'd. I like it a lot, the new style is growing on me. I built one on Chevy's website and I wish they'd offer larger wheels for the LT...they're just the 16's.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think I'm going to wait till the hatch comes out. Though, I probably won't get one, cars are so expensive. The only reason I bit the bullet on my 14 was the 0% financing.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
How was the engine noise? Gm claims it's supposed to be much quieter.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Imo they'd be foolish not to

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
When I first saw the pictures on here I was appalled at the exterior styling. But I saw one cruising the interstate the other day and I must say in person it is a very attractive car.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts

·
2,254 Posts
17s are optional

Let me rephrase my original statement. I wish larger wheels were available with the RS package. I tried to select the 17 inch rim, but it made me get rid of the RS package.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife has one and she likes it. It's just the base model so it's not too fancy. It's her work car so it doesn't really matter. The 1.4 turbo is nice, really small gas tank, and I'm not sure about the auto stop feature.

·
Registered
122 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts