Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All credit goes to the author. I don't think this has been posted before. Actually it looks fairly easy. Removal of the plastic parts isn't that bad. Take your time and use trim removal tools, and you will be just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkRMCLno3jk

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I like how Chevy made it 10 times more difficult to change the cabin filter, as in the first gen model. They have to justify that $70 they charge for labor, they tried to charge me, in my gen 1. When I asked the service advisor if they changed the filter, because he didn’t see where they had changed it on the service invoice. He went back and got one, and changed it in the service drive. I said, “I’m not paying $70 for something my service writer can change in the service drive.” He didn’t even bring it back for the tech to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: MRO1791

·
Registered
36 Posts
whaaaaaaaaaaa?!?!? You have to remove screws, 3 panels, and the whole glove box? I take it this is still supposed to be a yearly service?

Reactions: MRO1791

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
whaaaaaaaaaaa?!?!? You have to remove screws, 3 panels, and the whole glove box? I take it this is still supposed to be a yearly service?
I do not understand why the 3 panels had to be removed. It seems like the glove box was not obstructed by them.. I might be missing something. This was way easier in Gen 1, no tools needed. I did notice the Gen 2 owners manual says it is a dealership service item. This is going backwards.

·
Registered
257 Posts
had my dealer do it for me lol got free oil change brought them filter and charged me around $50 looked like to much of a pita to do it myself

·
Registered
15 Posts
great... you take it apart about two more times and the whole dashboard will rattle...no thanks ,maybe I change it like every 2-3 years since I don't drive in a dusty place.

·
Registered
258 Posts
This filter changing process is a mess. And I thought my 2016 Golf Sportwagen was a PITA? This takes the cake alright. Squeaks and rattles are in all our futures!

Side note... His Cruze has a glove box light! Mine doesn't :(

Already ordered the OEM light housing with the hopes of a harness being tucked up in the dash somewhere needing to be utilized :clap: PN # 13577963

·
Registered
692 Posts
I could have bought the filter and done it myself for about $13 like I did in my Gen 1, and my wife's 15 Equinox. I didn't with this mess, I paid the dealer $40 and let them do it. Well worth it I say!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts