Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the new gen 2 cruze is out.... im highly anticipation the gen 2 verano... i think it will be a good car on the platform

·
2,254 Posts
They discontinued the Verano if I remember correctly.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Confirmed. There is no gen two Verano. Final production in the next few weeks.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
They probably sold a few thousand at most. Never even marketed the **** thing.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
They probably sold a few thousand at most. Never even marketed the **** thing.
It was marketed in Denver - Peyton Manning was the "star" in the commercials.

·
17,486 Posts
It was marketed in Denver - Peyton Manning was the "star" in the commercials.
All I remember was the "that's not a Buick!" commercials, but they were mostly for the Regal, Encore, and whatever the big one is.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a huge shame. Now owning a cruze i would have bought a gen 3 buick since then my payments will have been done (maybe a lease). I liked the idea of a 2.0 turbo with a 6 speed manual... Again with electric controlled mock up lsd but non the less a fun car. Here in florida all i saw saw the old lady thats not a buick commercial too, had they actually put it forward they would have done better. Either way after my cruze is paid off im not buying new again.

I am looking for a manual 2004 zo6 coupe... Now 17k at a dealer with 65k miles by the time 4 years probably worth 15-12k. Gm has a habit of not pushing the cars that can sell the best and go for some less volume higher profits car

·
17,486 Posts
There's always the Regal GS. Which in many ways is a better car than a Verano anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's always the Regal GS. Which in many ways is a better car anyway.
I absolutely love that car. a AWD 2.0 turbo unfortunately auto only but i can get over it... now it does cost 36k as i priced it online... does not include my employee pricing. honestly the cruze is new from 10 dealer miles and its served me very well for its 17k miles ive put on it. but i pay above my min payments and paid 25k out the door and i now owe 20k... probably worth 14k on a good day. if i buy it may be certified used but it will be a performance vehicle since i dont have a sports car any more. reading from corvette engineers the c6 chassis is basically same as c5 just more tuning and bigger tirs so no reason to pay 35-40k for GS vs a c5 z06

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,904 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Since all USA vehicles have to meet DOT crash requirement using crushable unibodies, getting very difficult to tell one make and model from another. Major differences besides the front and rear cosmetics are the engine/transmission combinations and the extra toys you may want to have.

It doesn't cost that much to add extra HP, but sure can see that on the sticker price, government is involved. can't use it anyway, but also pay the price with very poor fuel economy. Back before the EPA came along, could add HP for practically nothing by engine swapping, but this sure came to an end.

Just received my latest issue SAE Engineering, the push is on for lighter vehicle weight. With the unibody, replacing the non-structural parts with aluminum, ha, hope they are using soda pop can grade instead of automotive grade. Latter crap corrodes like crazy.

Then the question came up, how do you attach aluminum to sheet metal? Have super glues for this.

Also articles on how to reduce CO2 emissions, sounds easy, just use fuels with less carbon in them, but trying to do this with new firmware, good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since all USA vehicles have to meet DOT crash requirement using crushable unibodies, getting very difficult to tell one make and model from another. Major differences besides the front and rear cosmetics are the engine/transmission combinations and the extra toys you may want to have.

It doesn't cost that much to add extra HP, but sure can see that on the sticker price, government is involved. can't use it anyway, but also pay the price with very poor fuel economy. Back before the EPA came along, could add HP for practically nothing by engine swapping, but this sure came to an end.

Just received my latest issue SAE Engineering, the push is on for lighter vehicle weight. With the unibody, replacing the non-structural parts with aluminum, ha, hope they are using soda pop can grade instead of automotive grade. Latter crap corrodes like crazy.

Then the question came up, how do you attach aluminum to sheet metal? Have super glues for this.

Also articles on how to reduce CO2 emissions, sounds easy, just use fuels with less carbon in them, but trying to do this with new firmware, good luck.
sooo are you saying you dont like the verano ?

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Used to come in a manual. Did they drop it?
on the website build your own there is no manual option

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
sooo are you saying you dont like the verano ?
NO! Just don't like paying a lot more money for much poorer fuel economy, HP I can't even use with essentially the same unibody.

Historically owned more Buick's and Cadillac's than any other kind of vehicle. But this was when Buick's were Buick's and Cadillac's were Cadillac's.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NO! Just don't like paying a lot more money for much poorer fuel economy, HP I can't even use with essentially the same unibody.

Historically owned more Buick's and Cadillac's than any other kind of vehicle. But this was when Buick's were Buick's and Cadillac's were Cadillac's
ahh ok so you don't like the verano and the fact that gm is charging a slight premium for a re skinned cruze.. well if you historically look at luxury that's a market that doesn't care about fuel mpg they care about smooth fast and luxurious. while i agree that i would have liked to see the cruze have more Buick inside vs other way around that's the new corporate game.. i sat in buick seats and they are wider and more supportive plus more cushion.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,904 Posts
More than I thought! I almost never see them on the road. The Acura ILX, Mercedes CLA, and others in the class are quite common here. And then 10x their number in their down-class counterparts.
We see enough of them around here - but that's not surprising, considering they're built 30 minutes away from my house, haha.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts

Historically owned more Buick's and Cadillac's than any other kind of vehicle. But this was when Buick's were Buick's and Cadillac's were Cadillac's.
What about when Hyundais were Hyundais?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts