Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are we getting tuners available? Would also be sweet to get some emissions deletes going on. Anyone know why its taking so long for something to hit the market?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I beleive it was Trifecta that said they were working on one. As of right now. All they have is 14 and 15 cruze models.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't want some emissions deletes.
Why not? Dpf, egr and a high flow exhaust would hopefully allow for 200hp and better mpg and a more reliable engine? Unless you live In an area with testing I don't see the need to keep emissions controls that hurt fuel economy and durability.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Why not? Dpf, egr and a high flow exhaust would hopefully allow for 200hp and better mpg and a more reliable engine? Unless you live In an area with testing I don't see the need to keep emissions controls that hurt fuel economy and durability.
It's against the law. No matter what state you live in. You're tampering with emissions control devices. And the law has been around since the 70's i think. But not really enforced untill emissions programs kicked in in the 80's.

At one point and time. A guy could collect up to $10,000 reward for reporting a tampered car. I don't know how true it is or was and who would be the one to take the phone call. Most people weren't or aren't emissions certified and wouldn't know about it.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Because it hurts everything else if you get rid of it; the air from the airborne particles and the ground/drinking water from the heavier diesel particulates that fall to the ground. The emissions system is there for a reason, leave it alone.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'd like a DPF delete downpipe as a physical piece of hardware.

Other than that, the only engine tune I really want is an EGR delete.

I'm OK with retaining the DEF injection for NOx reduction.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Because it hurts everything else if you get rid of it; the air from the airborne particles and the ground/drinking water from the heavier diesel particulates that fall to the ground. The emissions system is there for a reason, leave it alone.
Right, because the emissions from a single Cruze are just so terrible for the environment. Meanwhile, thousands of 40-year-old diesel locomotives are chugging across American and will continue to do so for another couple decades, but that's OK!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I emailed Oz Tuner a couple of months ago to ask about Gen 2 tunes. They claim to be working on a tune and a down pipe. I would like to get a diesel Equinox but will hold off until tuning and deleting are available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also waiting for the tune of our gen2 TD in North America.
seems like in Europe the tune exist long time ago (our 1.6L engine is used in Europe market since 2013 from Opel)

here is some info from Probitz chip tune
hp gain from 136 to 170hp
torqe gain from 320 to 378nm
fuel econ +15% better than stock.

If your cruze is stick shift I assume you can just buy it and shipped here.

but for our 9 speed auto I don't know if its gonna work out since 9 speed isn't available in EU.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Bottom line,not all of us are Boy Racers. Some of us were long ago though when emissions weren't an issue or even prior to emission controls.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Right, because the emissions from a single Cruze are just so terrible for the environment. Meanwhile, thousands of 40-year-old diesel locomotives are chugging across American and will continue to do so for another couple decades, but that's OK!
So you're OK then with making it worse.

·
Registered
120 Posts
When are we getting tuners available? Would also be sweet to get some emissions deletes going on. Anyone know why its taking so long for something to hit the market?
I think it might have something to do with the new way in which GM is locking down the ECM and the complexity of trying to .Akers everything operate without throwing codes or causing CEL.

Plus most people arent going to modify because of warranty reasons, so the few of us who what it arent a big market for them to rush.

OzTuner emailed me about having something available this winter. They were waiting on EFILive to unlock the ecm and figure it out.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I don't think it has to do with an unlock code. It just has to be programmed with the number programmed in to the computer these days.

For instance. You install tuner app. Read the number and give it to them. They then send you the file. I"m guessing with the number programmed in.

Sort of like loading windows on a computer. First thing it asks for is key code.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I wonder if Opel tuning parts would work, since Opel designed the motor. They probably sell a lot more of 'em over the pond than they do here.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I wonder if Opel tuning parts would work, since Opel designed the motor. They probably sell a lot more of 'em over the pond than they do here.
Great minds think alike. I too have been pondering the same question. A quick google search lead me to this tuning box on Amazon. Doubt it would work on our US-spec cars possibly due to minor differences in emissions tuning (assuming - i'm not 100% sure on this).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Great minds think alike. I too have been pondering the same question. A quick google search lead me to this tuning box on Amazon. Doubt it would work on our US-spec cars possibly due to minor differences in emissions tuning (assuming - i'm not 100% sure on this).

I left a question on the sellers link you have there and they replied “Yes thats the perfect fit. When you place the order dont forget to make a note it a for chevy cruze 2018 1.6 CDTO"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts