Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I left a question on the sellers link you have there and they replied “Yes thats the perfect fit. When you place the order dont forget to make a note it a for chevy cruze 2018 1.6 CDTO"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmmm I might order this and give it a shot to see if it works on our cars. If anything, Amazon has a great return policy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
That looks like some silly box you plug in the throttle sensor harness to make the ECU think you pushed the pedal farther than you really did.

Personally, if I want to go faster, I think it's easier to just push the pedal down more.

·
Registered
620 Posts
A quick google search lead me to this tuning box on Amazon
OK, this looks like a terrible waste of money. It's basically an interface that changes the signal response of the electronic throttle pedal of your car. "ECO" mode dampens your inputs so there is less throttle response (the car gets sluggish because it won't give you what you demand from the accelerator pedal, and that might save fuel). "SPORT" mode just cranks the accelerator pedal response up past what you are actually doing, so a light breeze on the pedal gives you full-throttle to the ECU and makes the car feel faster to amateurs.

No thanks. I want a serious ECU remap.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
The throttle device is dumb IMO. Just push the throttle down farther if you want "thoroughbred sports car". smh

·
Registered
924 Posts
and what happens when the module internally shorts out? Uncontrollable Toyota and Lexus speeds?

Looks jankey.
More likely reduced power mode and no throttle. I see it all the time on base model Cruze and Colorado trucks with aftermarket cruise control. There's a few fleets I work on that will not stop installing them. Fine cause then they pay me to diagnose chk engine light and then remove the cruise control setup.(they use a throttle pedal bypass too.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I left a question on the sellers link you have there and they replied “Yes thats the perfect fit. When you place the order dont forget to make a note it a for chevy cruze 2018 1.6 CDTO"

wait so you found a tuner that works for the diesel????

·
Registered
17 Posts
When are we getting tuners available? Would also be sweet to get some emissions deletes going on. Anyone know why its taking so long for something to hit the market?
I don't know why you guys are talkin about deleting emissions or anything for that matter you don't have to delete anything to tune this car moderately like the other ones.You can get a handsome 180-200hp with a little more boost and fuel delivery parwmwter adjustments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't know why you guys are talkin about deleting emissions or anything for that matter you don't have to delete anything to tune this car moderately like the other ones.You can get a handsome 180-200hp with a little more boost and fuel delivery parwmwter adjustments
Would you mind posting a link to one of the scanners you’re talking about?

·
Registered
4 Posts
After some research and trading emails with Celtic Tuning in the UK, I decided to give tuning made for the Astra 1.6L CDTI a try on my Cruze Diesel Gen 2. It has the exact same engine and same ECU...so it may work. This is a self-tuning module which they ship to you - you download the file from your car and send to them for a remapped file to then upload to your car. My Cruze is a manual so I have no worries about transmission differences. I just ordered it today, I will keep you all up to date on how this goes. http://www.emotion-tuning.co.uk/

·
Registered
123 Posts
After some research and trading emails with Celtic Tuning in the UK, I decided to give tuning made for the Astra 1.6L CDTI a try on my Cruze Diesel Gen 2. It has the exact same engine and same ECU...so it may work. This is a self-tuning module which they ship to you - you download the file from your car and send to them for a remapped file to then upload to your car. My Cruze is a manual so I have no worries about transmission differences. I just ordered it today, I will keep you all up to date on how this goes. http://www.emotion-tuning.co.uk/
I’m so excited to hear about the outcome, please keep us updated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will do - I'm told the order should ship this week, there was a slight backorder delay on the tuning box. I will be sure to post an update once I have the tune installed. Fingers crossed that it works!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok received the unit and attempted the tune - after some conversation with the Celtic Tuning support folks... they determined the US spec ECU isn't supported. So...no luck, but I will continue in my hunt for someone who can tune this thing!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to report back, if you do come across anything let us know!

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's alive!!! 2017 1.6l diesel. Down pipe is crude but done. Will update in the next few days any drivability issues. It's a 6spd manual, egr blocked off. Dpf removed. All sensors disconnected and no check engine light.
Right on! Awesome you took the time to foray into uncharted territories. I’m really curious to hear what it sounds like, any way to record an exhaust clip?

Run into any problems with this yet?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts