Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Moved to Fuel Economy. This is the first real world report on the Gen 2 Premier fuel economy.

Nicely done and thanks for the report.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
How many miles on the clock?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,307 Posts
Reactions: CHEVYCRUZE RS

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'll add to the gen 2 fuel economy. I just ran to the twin cities last night after taking delivery of a LT automatic. It had 20 miles on the odometer. I was doing 73-76 mph on the interstate and a little in town driving and got 42.1 mpg with 4 people and the a/c on. It is doing 6 mpg better than my 2011 Eco automatic and the limited L manual that I traded. I loved the stop start in downtown Minneapolis. I love this car!

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Impressive!! So far in my area, ive only seen 1 Gen 2 so any news is great news! Cheers!

·
Registered
561 Posts
That is awesome to hear. I'm thinking about getting a hatchback Cruze in a couple years to replace my first generation. My 2012 LTZ RS is about 500 miles shy of 90,000 miles right now. It still drives very well and I still have another 24 payments. I'd like to keep it for at least another year after that to save up a down payment.

If Chevy brings out a Malibu hatchback I'll go with that in a heartbeat but if not I'll go with the Cruze Hatchback.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
If I was in the market for a new Cruze I would wait to see what the diesel has to offer when it comes out.

Reactions: money_man

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
It's starting to look like I set the Gen 2 ranges and fuel economy correctly for the HyperCruzer badges. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just picked up my 2016 LT automatic on Saturday, and averaged 48 mpg on the drive home. Just myself in the car, AC on. My best average over 25 miles so far was 51 mpg, with wife and I in car and AC on at 55 mph. This all according to computer, haven't actually put gas in it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
So any of you Gen2 owners have actual pump calculated MPG numbers or just DIC numbers? Since every GM car/truck I've ever driven the DIC overestimates MPG at least somewhat I'm more interested in real world MPG numbers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just filled the first tank on it. I left the dealer with a full tank and 16 miles on it. At 399.0 miles it took 10.616 gallons to pump shut off. So 383 miles, and 36.08 mpg. DIC average over lifetime is showing 35.9 mpg. So pretty close so far. That's probably 80% highway and 20% in town driving, roughly.

My 2005 Avalanche DIC usually showed 2-3 mpg better than calculated, similar to what spacedout mentioned. So far so good with the Cruze.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Just filled the first tank on it. I left the dealer with a full tank and 16 miles on it. At 399.0 miles it took 10.616 gallons to pump shut off. So 383 miles, and 36.08 mpg. DIC average over lifetime is showing 35.9 mpg. So pretty close so far. That's probably 80% highway and 20% in town driving, roughly.
My 2015 sonic seems about that accurate as well(wtihin 1MPG most days), however i've had it as much as 6 MPG high if I'm at high RPM more than normal. My 2012 cruze always varied averaging 2-3mpg high so it nice to hear the new ones may be more accurate. I've noticed the 2014+ Silverado/Tahoe DIC calculated MPG is typically within 1MPG of actual as well so Gm must have changed something.

That's impressive MPG for first tank! it will only get better after you break it in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
All my tanks hand calculated are around 40-41 mpg. I am always about 50/50 city highway. The DIC is closer than any vehicle I've ever owned within 1-2 mpg. Today when I filled up it was about 0.2 mpg higher than calculated. Best 50 miles of 53.3 mpg on the DIC. I toy with it driving between hypermilling and spirited driving. I still think pure highway careful driving will be in the 50+ range. DIC over the last 3300 miles is 41.5. Average speed is 36.4 mph. It has been hot here and some time was spent idling filling out paperwork in the car. Sorry for the long post.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
All my tanks hand calculated are around 40-41 mpg. I am always about 50/50 city highway. The DIC is closer than any vehicle I've ever owned within 1-2 mpg. Today when I filled up it was about 0.2 mpg higher than calculated. Best 50 miles of 53.3 mpg on the DIC. I toy with it driving between hypermilling and spirited driving. I still think pure highway careful driving will be in the 50+ range. DIC over the last 3300 miles is 41.5. Average speed is 36.4 mph. It has been hot here and some time was spent idling filling out paperwork in the car. Sorry for the long post.
Thanks.

Stick around if you want to see some long posts. We seriously have posts that take more than one screen and we have other posts that are so long it takes two or three separate posts to complete.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got about 2500 miles on mine now. My wife drives 125 miles per day, about 75% highway, 25% city, and my lifetime average is 40 mpg. I've only run 87 octane.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts