Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in Queens, I don't often see great fuel mileage. I had the opportunity to see what my 17 LT manual RS hatch could do on an economy run. Car has 2500 miles and I have installed an AEM cold air intake and Flowmaster axleback.Topped off in Brookhaven, cleared my trip odo and set off towards the expressway. Driving between 60-70mph I was able to average 50mpg by the time I was pulling into park. Super impressive!!!

Attachments

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,487 Posts
That is dang impressive for the new 1.4!

Sometimes I wish the huge 18" wheels and grippy tires didn't decimate fuel economy. And it seems that hills and probably my right foot bring fuel economy down on this motor more easily than my old 1.4. I think I probably end up driving more aggressively with the automatic, though. When driven gently on CC around 65-72 MPH, it seems to get into the 40's quite easily.

·
2,254 Posts
Have you got a chance to drive your hatch in the snow? I'm curious how the new "pizza cutter" wheels will do.

That is some seriously good MPG though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you got a chance to drive your hatch in the snow? I'm curious how the new "pizza cutter" wheels will do.

No, I only drove the first gen in the snow, I'm not sure how this one will do.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hella late reporting in, but the hankooks did just fine in the snow. left a bit to be desired when stopping, but i drove all over NYC and LI in the terrible crap the past couple months and i never got stuck or crashed. I'll call that a win. do want some winter tires tho.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts