Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016+ Gen 2 Cruze MTech Short Shifter

This MTech Q2-Shift is designed for the newer model M20 and M32 Transmissions which are fitted with the upgraded shifter shaft (All Opel/Vauxhall and Chevrolet cars from model year 2016/2017).
A real power shifter which reduces shift times, so up coming gears can be engaged faster. By fitting this shift linkage you will have a gear throw shortening of about 25%. The factory gear stick model and height remains unchanged. The short shifter will be fitted on top of the gearbox where the shift linkage is located. Gear changes are much quicker and precise.
One of the must have modifications to your car!
Shifting with this Q2 Short shifter feels almost like a rally sequential gearbox, "click-clack"

Features:
[HR][/HR]​

• Improves performance
  • Faster Shifting
  • Made and designed in the Netherlands by MTech
  • 25% Shortened gear throw
  • Easy to install and operate
  • Made from very high quality tensile steel
  • Hardened inner parts
  • MTech Red powder coating
  • Completely reversible to stock
  • No modification necessary to the gear shifter.
  • No re-adjustments required
  • No special tools required

·
Vendor
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup

·
Vendor
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Within the next couple weeks, we've got an order in at 4HTech for more

Reactions: Scrubbydo1

·
Registered
163 Posts
Will this work also for 2018 Cruze hatch in diesel? I saw 16/17 but was curious if there was a change in 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Good golly, if you do not have this, I highly recommend getting it. The shifts are so crisp and precise, absolutely love it

·
Registered
56 Posts
2016+ Gen 2 Cruze MTech Short Shifter

This MTech Q2-Shift is designed for the newer model M20 and M32 Transmissions which are fitted with the upgraded shifter shaft (All Opel/Vauxhall and Chevrolet cars from model year 2016/2017).
A real power shifter which reduces shift times, so up coming gears can be engaged faster. By fitting this shift linkage you will have a gear throw shortening of about 25%. The factory gear stick model and height remains unchanged. The short shifter will be fitted on top of the gearbox where the shift linkage is located. Gear changes are much quicker and precise.
One of the must have modifications to your car!
Shifting with this Q2 Short shifter feels almost like a rally sequential gearbox, "click-clack"

Features:

• Improves performance
  • Faster Shifting
  • Made and designed in the Netherlands by MTech
  • 25% Shortened gear throw
  • Easy to install and operate
  • Made from very high quality tensile steel
  • Hardened inner parts
  • MTech Red powder coating
  • Completely reversible to stock
  • No modification necessary to the gear shifter.
  • No re-adjustments required
  • No special tools required
Are these good for the 2019 RS's?

·
Registered
152 Posts
It doesn’t shorten the shift a lot. I’d say 20-30 percent. And due to the trigger style reverse safety, you can’t change the knob. Not that the knob is uncomfortable, but it’d be nice to have a slightly smaller profile one. The shifting is way more precise. It just makes the transmission feel a lot more crisp and solid. If purchasing this, I recommend purchasing a new CDV accumulator and removing the clutch delay valve inside, and swapping that out. Can’t do it to the stock one, the plastic ring Inside is glued in. Also switch to amsoil synchromesh manual transmission fluid 5w30. Or at minimum, top ofd your transmission. Mine, like many others, had less than two quarts in it, and it calls for 2.5

·
Registered
250 Posts
It doesn’t shorten the shift a lot. I’d say 20-30 percent. And due to the trigger style reverse safety, you can’t change the knob. Not that the knob is uncomfortable, but it’d be nice to have a slightly smaller profile one. The shifting is way more precise. It just makes the transmission feel a lot more crisp and solid. If purchasing this, I recommend purchasing a new CDV accumulator and removing the clutch delay valve inside, and swapping that out. Can’t do it to the stock one, the plastic ring Inside is glued in. Also switch to amsoil synchromesh manual transmission fluid 5w30. Or at minimum, top ofd your transmission. Mine, like many others, had less than two quarts in it, and it calls for 2.5

Thanks for the info. My Cruze is too new to mod the clutch. The shifter is no problem. I'm considering the shifter mode in the very near future. The amsoil for the manual transmission I've used it on my sonic. No shifter issues with the sonic being that transmission is sensitive to shifting using the wrong gear oil.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for the info. My Cruze is too new to mod the clutch. The shifter is no problem. I'm considering the shifter mode in the very near future. The amsoil for the manual transmission I've used it on my sonic. No shifter issues with the sonic being that transmission is sensitive to shifting using the wrong gear oil.
Replacing the CDV assembly, which is the accumulator (I believe, could have my terms all backwards), is actually unnoticeable. Look for CDV delete in here. Someone took one apart and put pictures of it up, I also did so and I may have written instructions for how to do so, not positive. I have a few instructions to put together for the DIY section. The outer assembly for the CDV does not change. You’re just removing the small orifice valve from the interior of it, which eliminates 1-2 grind, and actually gives you a friction point on the clutch. It’s lovely

1 - 20 of 20 Posts