Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a few dealers near me have the new 2016 Cruze listed on cars.com so delivery should be fairly shortly in the Midwest. Anyone seen these yet on dealership lots? One local dealer has a window sticker that comes up on chevy.com. I couldn't even find the options listed on Chevrolet.com, and yet dealerships have orders placed.

Recently attended the local Auto Show, and they didn't even have a new body style Cruze on the floor. They had a Cruze Limited, which I thought was a bit odd.

Outside of unveilings and Auto Shows are there any GEN 2's in the wild yet?

Moderators-

Could we get a section for Discussion of the Generation #2 Cruzes and the Generation #2 1.4L engine under powertrain?

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
I will go out on a limb on this one and say I can see a separate section for the Gen#2 Cruze vs the Gen#1 Cruze since the body designs from what we have seen are radically different. however, I am not sure the 1.4 engine will require special attention Gen#1 vs. Gen#2. That will have to remain to be seen after the Gen#2 is released to the public, we get more engine specs. and a decision of CT admins. at that time.

To answer your question about availability Also I have not see any Gen2 Cruzes in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area yet.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
<Moderator>

We're reviewing options right not on how to best restructure CruzeTalk. We're looking at three general areas -

General
Gen 1 (2009 - 2016 Limited)
Gen 2 (2016 - )

But we haven't finalized this yet.

</Moderator>

As for OP's question about any Gen 2 in the wild. I haven't seen any on the south and west sides of Denver.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,195 Posts
My wife and I saw one the other day on the road (a Premier). She really liked it a lot, as did I, moreso than I already did from pictures and the Auto Show. The complexity in the rear fascia is really brought out on the road (it kind of blends into itself in pictures).

I'm still waiting for the Build Your Own option on the Chevy site, though.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Local dealers don't have any Gen2.s in stock. The Gen2s are listed as "in transit", so they should be here shortly. They are peddling 2016 Cruze Limiteds like crazy though. You have to watch the ads as they don't always mention "limited" along with "2016" in the large print, but do so in the mouse print.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
<Moderator>

We're reviewing options right not on how to best restructure CruzeTalk. We're looking at three general areas -

General
Gen 1 (2009 - 2016 Limited)
Gen 2 (2016 - )

But we haven't finalized this yet.

</Moderator>
I"m voting for separate sections to delineate Gen1 from Gen2. I will save a bunch of extra work by everyone trying to make that determination to OPs questions. It may require the Mods having to move threads when folks don't follow the guidelines, but it will still make things simpler in the long run. Of course, I'm spoiled by having completely different forum sites for different generations.

Reactions: Merc6 and Starks8

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I"m voting for separate sections to delineate Gen1 from Gen2.
If it was me, I'd probably take all of "Technical Discussion" and place it under "Gen1" and create a new empty "Gen2". At least until we know what parts of Gen2 are in common with Gen1. I'd think parts of paint and interior care would probably be common to both but I'm not so sure about the rest.

Rather than create a new, empty section(s), maybe the best thing is to tag threads "Gen2" and when there's enough, create the division and move threads by the tags.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
Like I said we're still working on this.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
To the OP.......I have seen several at dealers in N/E Illinois.

Also saw my first 2017 Volt being delivered last Saturday.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,195 Posts
I'd think parts of paint and interior care would probably be common to both but I'm not so sure about the rest.
That's probably the only category that would really carry over between the two. Most everything is different enough (including powertrain) to potentially warrant its own section, in my opinion (including its own Diesel section when that comes out). That said - it could still easily be lumped into the same Cruze section, as long as when a topic is posted, it's known whether the topic originator is talking about a 1st or 2nd gen Cruze.

Keeping the same topics and making it for both generations would limit the "emptiness" of the 2nd gen copied forums, and likely result in more replies.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
They're all over around here, but GM employee cars. As well as a lot of D2JCI.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
My local dealership has a 2nd Gen Cruze 1LT " in-transit." They also still have a brand new 2014 CTD on the lot for $20,450 after a $8,000 special discount, lol!

I really think GM caused a lot of unnecessary confusion that could have been avoided if they would have just labeled the 2nd gen Cruze as a 2017!

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
My local dealership has a 2nd Gen Cruze 1LT " in-transit." They also still have a brand new 2014 CTD on the lot for $20,450 after a $8,000 special discount, lol!

I really think GM caused a lot of unnecessary confusion that could have been avoided if they would have just labeled the 2nd gen Cruze as a 2017!
I certainly agree with you.......the new V2 Volts, being delivered now, are labelled 2017.

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts

My one local has a2 Gen 1LT in stock. And another dealer has a loaded Premier in transit.

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
My wife and I saw one the other day on the road (a Premier). She really liked it a lot, as did I, moreso than I already did from pictures and the Auto Show. The complexity in the rear fascia is really brought out on the road (it kind of blends into itself in pictures).

I'm still waiting for the Build Your Own option on the Chevy site, though.
You can build one at edumunds.com

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Like I said we're still working on this.
the VW forum separates different models and generations pretty well, if you haven't looked at that perhaps that could help with some ideas?

Reactions: spaycace
1 - 20 of 122 Posts